1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

DR DDT Medium 45-105

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by BassIsFun17, Feb 10, 2014.

1. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17 Supporting Member

Hey everyone,

I am considering trying the DR DDT Medium 45-105 string set to tune my bass 1/2 step down to Eb standard tuning. Currently for the last year or so i have been using DR chromes, which being such high tension, hold up quite nicely when tuned down. I have decided to leave the flat wounds on my p-bass and try some round wounds for my jazz bass. does anyone have any experience using these strings to do as I am trying to do?

Thanks!

2. GK Growl

GK Growl

3. SteveV74

SteveV74

Hello, I am a huge Type O Negative fan and am really close at getting Peter Steeles tone( thats a whole issue in itself) anyway I have been playing DR black beauties for the last couple of years, I think theyre fantastic, but I want something a little different ( Sting and Peter Steele both DR users, and my favorite bassists) so I finally bucked up and bought a set of DDt 45-105 off of ebay(brand new) 25 bux, I am very hopefull and will respond again after I get my fingers on them.

4. SteveV74

SteveV74

Ok, dont like em, way too bright....however, they do as promised, saving them for a rainy day.

5. Register to disable this ad