1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

DR DDT Medium 45-105

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by BassIsFun17, Feb 10, 2014.

1. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17 Spector Owner Club #372 Supporting Member

Hey everyone,

I am considering trying the DR DDT Medium 45-105 string set to tune my bass 1/2 step down to Eb standard tuning. Currently for the last year or so i have been using DR chromes, which being such high tension, hold up quite nicely when tuned down. I have decided to leave the flat wounds on my p-bass and try some round wounds for my jazz bass. does anyone have any experience using these strings to do as I am trying to do?

Thanks!
  2. GK Growl

GK Growl

3. SteveV74

SteveV74

Hello, I am a huge Type O Negative fan and am really close at getting Peter Steeles tone( thats a whole issue in itself) anyway I have been playing DR black beauties for the last couple of years, I think theyre fantastic, but I want something a little different ( Sting and Peter Steele both DR users, and my favorite bassists) so I finally bucked up and bought a set of DDt 45-105 off of ebay(brand new) 25 bux, I am very hopefull and will respond again after I get my fingers on them.
  4. SteveV74

SteveV74

Ok, dont like em, way too bright....however, they do as promised, saving them for a rainy day.