DR DDT strings, good or bad?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by slipknotmaggot3, Feb 26, 2014.

1. slipknotmaggot3

slipknotmaggot3

Never tried them and I was curious as to how they sound drop-tuned.
  2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    They mean "Drop Tuned" as D G C F rather than D A D G for example.

But yeah they do it!
  3. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

I'm using them on several basses, 34" & 35". We tune to D-Standard. A lot more stable than just de-tuned .135 DR's. The tone on the "B" string is kind of strange at first, but sounds good in the mix. I'm sold!
  4. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Anyone know how the 45-105 set works tuned EADG? I kinda want something that's high tension and will fit in unmodified nut slots.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mr.Typhus

Mr.Typhus

I have been using these on my jazzbass with standard tuning. These strings arent really high tension or anything when they are 45-105... just more "stabile" I would say. They stay in tune better than any string I have tried, its weird! BUT I know that DR strings really easily break...
  7. oysteivi

oysteivi

As far as stiffness / perceived tension / ease of fretting / flex under picking hand go, the DR DDT 45-105 set tuned to standard EADG felt much the same to me as the 45-105 black beauties I usually use. If you want stiff strings for easy fast picking, these probably aren't it.
  8. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Good to know. So it seems they're just just about as stiff as any hex core strings.
  9. knuckle_head

knuckle_head

Disclosures:
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    The type of core is not necessarily indicative of a stiff or flexible string - that is a matter of manufacturing technique/process.

Mine are hex core and are about as flexible as can be gotten, so be careful about generalizations like this.