DR DDTs

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by SteveV74, Feb 25, 2014.

1. SteveV74

SteveV74

Hello , I am a huge fan of DR strings, my favorite bassists ( Peter Steele and Sting) are both DR players ( or were at least RIP P.Steele) so I bought a set and loved em and never looked back. I bought a set of DDTs off of EvilBAY the other day, hopefully be here by thurs., anyone try these? Any input?

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Lots of DDT users on here. Depending on the set you chose they are good for anywhere from standard tuning down to B standard or lower. They say their .145 DDT will handle F# but I have not tried that yet.

3. SteveV74

SteveV74

Ok so I got them, put em on, and I'll tell u what, I tune to B and they lock in place and dont move, they stay in tune just as promised. They feel really good, and if I wasnt chasing the tone I was chasing I would love them, but they are just WAY too bright, Im gonna put em away and go back to the coated DRs (black beauties, neons, doesnt matter) I even tried adj my eq but I cant get that high end twang to go away......but I would recommend them depending on what youre looking for.

4. d00by

d00by Supporting Member

I use them on my MM Stringray in drop B and I love them. Those plus my Darkglass b7k provides an awesome crunchy/throaty tone.

But yes they are very bright sounding!

5. Register to disable this ad