1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

DR DDTs

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by SteveV74, Feb 25, 2014.

1. SteveV74

SteveV74

Hello , I am a huge fan of DR strings, my favorite bassists ( Peter Steele and Sting) are both DR players ( or were at least RIP P.Steele) so I bought a set and loved em and never looked back. I bought a set of DDTs off of EvilBAY the other day, hopefully be here by thurs., anyone try these? Any input?
  2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Lots of DDT users on here. Depending on the set you chose they are good for anywhere from standard tuning down to B standard or lower. They say their .145 DDT will handle F# but I have not tried that yet.
  3. SteveV74

SteveV74

Ok so I got them, put em on, and I'll tell u what, I tune to B and they lock in place and dont move, they stay in tune just as promised. They feel really good, and if I wasnt chasing the tone I was chasing I would love them, but they are just WAY too bright, Im gonna put em away and go back to the coated DRs (black beauties, neons, doesnt matter) I even tried adj my eq but I cant get that high end twang to go away......but I would recommend them depending on what youre looking for.
  4. d00by

d00by

I use them on my MM Stringray in drop B and I love them. Those plus my Darkglass b7k provides an awesome crunchy/throaty tone.

But yes they are very bright sounding!