1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Dr lo-rider length

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by nyangsw, Feb 10, 2013.

1. nyangsw

nyangsw

I use Lakland 55-02.
    35" scale.
    Is the DR lo-rider 5 string long enough to string through body?

2. zcwilkes

zcwilkes

Had to resize the pic. Here it is. About an inch and a quarter past the nut.

Edit: I don't know where my other post went. This is a 35" scale bass with DR lo-riders but it's not through body. I'm guessing you should have around 1/2" left over past the nut.

Attached Files:

3. clemford

clemford

I posted a similar ? with zero feedback. You may have to try elsewhere for an answer. On my Schecter the taper is partially on the nut groove relaxed so if the strings don't stretch under tension then they won't be long enough despite Dr and other xperts saying they would fit. My lo riders measure 37-3/4" from ball to taper.

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Yes, DR's are long enough.

If you want to make sure, make a mark on one of your existing strings just past the nut. Remove it, and measure from your mark to the start of the ball end. This is the winding length you need.

Here are the various winding lengths my manufacturer. Also, this the best place on the internet to buy strings, and as a TB user you will get a discount!

http://www.bassstringsonline.com/Bas...r_ep_47-1.html

5. Register to disable this ad