1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Dr Marcus miller compared to LaBellas new round wound strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by duderus, Feb 17, 2014.

1. duderus

duderus

Hello,

I've been using Marcus miller bas strings on my 73' jazz Nadine love the tone. Seems to be missing a bit of ballsy-bass but my amp makes up for it.

Would anyone have any input on the the new labella round wounds? Thanks for the input.

Dp
  2. Levin

Levin

Sorry no :/ but in a half-assed attempt to halv-hi-jack the thread, I hade Marcus millers on my passive jazz and loved the tone too, and now I have what I considered the improved version of them, if you want FATness: LaBella Deep Talkin' rounds!
    I have the 4-something-110 set but it's a tad stiff/big, would like the 106 I guess. But this set is KILLER on my bass at least, totally fattens up the jazz while growling like there's no tomorrow.
    Tried DR nickel lo-riders and a bunch of others on it too, but haven't got the time or need to check out the new LaBellas yet!
    But if you're missing the ballsy-bassness, definitely give the DPRs a try, they are totally worth it. Mine's been on for almost a year and they rock now as well as the first weeks when they were more metallic!