Dr Marcus miller compared to LaBellas new round wound strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by duderus, Feb 17, 2014.

1. duderus

duderus

Hello,

I've been using Marcus miller bas strings on my 73' jazz Nadine love the tone. Seems to be missing a bit of ballsy-bass but my amp makes up for it.

Would anyone have any input on the the new labella round wounds? Thanks for the input.

Dp

2. Levin

Levin

Sorry no :/ but in a half-assed attempt to halv-hi-jack the thread, I hade Marcus millers on my passive jazz and loved the tone too, and now I have what I considered the improved version of them, if you want FATness: LaBella Deep Talkin' rounds!
    I have the 4-something-110 set but it's a tad stiff/big, would like the 106 I guess. But this set is KILLER on my bass at least, totally fattens up the jazz while growling like there's no tomorrow.
    Tried DR nickel lo-riders and a bunch of others on it too, but haven't got the time or need to check out the new LaBellas yet!
    But if you're missing the ballsy-bassness, definitely give the DPRs a try, they are totally worth it. Mine's been on for almost a year and they rock now as well as the first weeks when they were more metallic!