1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

DR Red devils 5 String Red Coated

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mustBmtd, Apr 13, 2014.

1. mustBmtd

mustBmtd

Anybody ever use these, Pushing towards just to try a set. mainly to hear what tones they give out, and also to add a little color to upgrading and giving my 5 string a custom look as well. Any users out there shoot me your opinions and views on this set. :cool::bassist:

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Look up any opinions on DR K3 Coated Strings... This includes Black Beauties, All the NEON's etc... All the same string just different colors!

3. JustForSport

JustForSport

Weren't Red Devils from before K3 coating, like the old BB's (and the blue ones)?

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. wallydog

wallydog Supporting Member

I have used the Black Beauties on a black Fender Geddy Lee Jazz, looks cool, feel good, sound good and they last for some time. You will eventually lose some of the color in the most used areas, especially if you use a pick or slap a lot. I had the blue ones on a 5er and liked them too.

7. skidmarkbass

skidmarkbass

I just put Black Beauties on a G&L SB-1 and I can't put the bass down. They feel, sound and look great! This bass is black with maple, and I imagine Red Devils would look pretty cool also.

8. Gary Grzybek

Gary Grzybek Master of Mediocrity Supporting Member

9. Gary Grzybek

Gary Grzybek Master of Mediocrity Supporting Member

Just put Black Beauties on my Ibanez SR500 and they really sound and feel great. Going from GHS Boomers they feel less flexible but I'm sure I'll get used to that.

10. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

My Roscoe is wearing Black Beauties now. Phenomenal. I almost went with a 'rainbow neon' set but wasn't sure if the bandmates could handle that :)