1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Dr string neon don't glow under UV?!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by vbd, Dec 24, 2013.

1. vbd

vbd

I really liked the tension and feel. A small down side is one string don't glow ( the 3rd string have a blue color), under UV, anyone have this experience? :meh: :confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Is that really a deal-breaker? ;)

3. Wolffgang

Wolffgang

I use DR Neons on my 5-string, and I don't really use it as my primary instrument anymore, but I did find i busted an inordinate amount of Bs and Es when I was, so form this I would surmise that DR's quality control, at least with these strings, isn't perfect and that the string's lack of lustre might be related to that.

I mean, I still use the strings, so I like them, but they're not perfect. Never really noticed about the glow, we don't play under blacklights. Although if we did I'd probably be more worried about the singer's pants :bag:

Also the white ones you've got there look really nice. I've only ever used green and orange, and have wondered about them. Might have to grab some.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Ewwwww!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. vbd

vbd

Xmas-breaker. I have the expectation receive the Santa with the bass glowing, like a tree... Now with this issue, I don't know if the Santa will come :(

WHOOO :smug:

I confess bought this string, for the Gas. My fave is the Root 66.
    But I really like, the white color appearance...