dragonfire precision pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by unclebass, Dec 23, 2012.

1. unclebass

unclebass

want to know opinions on dragonfire precision pickups. have seen a few good reviews, but respect this rooms opinion. blacktop jazz bass, needs 2 pickups. should i get different resistance pickups to play at equal volume?
  2. BassLife77

BassLife77

3. Nev375

Nev375

Media:
    1. If my bass was worth upgrading, I would not choose dragonfire pickups. I'd save for a good set from a well respected source.

2. Selecting 2 different inductance measurements will be a crapshoot at best whether it will get you identical output from each position.

3. Theres more to pickups than inductance. Theres magnet type and strength, shape of the coil... etc...

4. You are not likely to find 2 identical model brand pickups offered in different inductances unless you have them custom wound.
  4. bolophonic

bolophonic

Never heard of them.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. joelb79

joelb79 Supporting Member

Real helpful to the OP to post like this. Sigh.

http://www.dragonfireguitars.com/product_info.php?cPath=124_127&products_id=991

I think some dragonfire pickups are active; from what I've seen on ebay. Double check but I think that is the case. You would need to find room for the battery and make sure you use the 25k pots the supply

FWIW- I read this

7. bolophonic

bolophonic

Relax, dude.
  8. richntiff

richntiff

Some people really hate the idea that inexpensive pups can sound good. It really messes with the snob mentality!
  9. sharp8874

sharp8874

I have the passive PJ set and love them! They are pretty loud and sound great IMO
  10. unclebass

unclebass

thanks for the responses, no need to replace pickup, able to find and repair problem.:hyper: