Dream Pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Leedleleedlele, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Leedleleedlele

Leedleleedlele

If money wasn't a factor, what would be on your perfect pedalboard?

2. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

3. LSMFT6

LSMFT6

Nine horse Klons in a row. And a TU-2.

4. HelpImaRock

HelpImaRock

This board has been painstakingly put together over the past 10 years. It was primarily put together for guitar, but it's a mother****er on bass too.

[​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

Exactly!

7. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows Supporting Member

I would go with this too. Only to sell all 9 and build my dream pedalboard.

8. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I figured one of us should give this answer before anybody else does:

"Nothing, no effects, I don't believe in them... "

Now, seriously...

I strongly disagree... At least three of Everything. :)

9. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

True.

Now let me take a serious crack at this for the OP: *Denotes a pedal I already own.

*Darkglass B7K, *TAFM, *Strymon BigSky, Eventide H9 & Pitchfactor, Tremolessence, *SA Manta, *SA MWBD, *SA Dual Exp x2, Rusty Box, Strymon Timeline, Roland Tape Echo(The expensive one), Moog Taurus, EHX Hog2, Line6 DL4, Walrus Audio Descent Reverb, DOD Meatbox, EQD Organizer, Blackout Musket, *SA Orbial Modulator.

10. nicc

nicc

Proberly something closely resembling Justin Chancellors board.

11. Pastrami

Pastrami

I like this system.

Chain from P Bass/Tele DLX/Moog Minitaur/Grendel Drone Commander:
    Pitchblack*->Diamond Bass Comp.*->SS/BS Mini->SS/BS TAFM->Creepy Fingers Pink Elephant*->Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge->Iron Ether Xerograph Deluxe*->Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus v3*->Endangered Audio Research AD4096*->Iron Ether Nimbus*

And then an expressionator controling the Randy, Xero and the manual sweep on the cosmichorus.

All that into my amp rig which is Rusty Box*->Peavey 120/120 in Mono*->Orange OBC115x2

So close.

12. E.J. T.N.T.

E.J. T.N.T.

Ok so I am going to be a bit generic and not go with brands but effects. 3-5 dirt pedals overdrive, distortion, fuzz. For my current applications I would be perfectly happy with the overdrive being a preamp/di/amp emulator device, distortion something in the gain region of a Rat, fuzz probably a Muff type kind of pedal.

Octaver, envelope, wah, bass whammy, chorus, delay and perhaps a reverb.

One or two compressors and also a couple of noise makers, preferably something from death by audio. Tuner of choice would be a korg pitchblack.

All the above setup in a loop system in order to minimize the length of the signal chain. Isolated power supply and also a wireless.

Also bass synth pedals in the style of Taurus are also welcome.

And last but not least, a tech or someone who can do the switching for me so I can play and sing without having to worry about effects that much. It is important that I can also do the switching provided I want to so there should be two controllers available. One for me and one for the stage hand.

13. Josh Thatguy

Josh Thatguy Registered abUser Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Sitting directly on top of my dream pedalboard would be a Marshall 1979L 4X15 cab, Marshall MF280L 4X12 cab on top of that, and a 1979 "1992" Marshall Superbass 100W head on top of that... the Lemmy "Murder One" rig... using the pedalboard as a stable platform for those stages with soft spots or uneven floor planks.

14. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Here is my dream board :)

[​IMG]

BUT, I must say that there are a few I would like to see more of. If I had the money I would probably have gotten more than a few Strymon pedals and a micro bass synth and a couple here and there. But for the most part, Im very happy with my board now. Never thought Id say that haha. Now dream RIG....... Yeah..... I'll take an old Ampeg SVT Classic and an 810!! Hahaha.... I really wouldnt mind having that rig someday. But for now I would take a FEARLESS F212 and a Mesa M9. Or a Lemmy sig Marshal head. Or a Mesa 810 and or 212. And a GK Fusion550. I think Id be set for quite a while then.

15. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

If price is no issue, how about the ability to distort space and mass so I can have a compact, lightweight setup?

I actually have slowly gotten to the ballpark of a "dream setup." My GAS is relatively low for effects these days, though not zero. I have now thought about upgrading my amp. I'm happy with my basses, but my amp is mostly a practice amp (Hartke Kickback 12, nice 120W out of a 12" speaker), as I primarily play at church.

My B7K, Pitchfactor, Morpheus Droptune (for guitar), and Empress Pedals (Compressor, Multidrive, and Heavy) would stay on any dream board. I would think about getting a better synth (Deep Impact? go whole hog with a Roland GR-55?), a looper/better delay (Timeline, Timefactor, and maybe an Infinity Looper if I wanted a dedicated looper), a better fuzz (Duality? TAFM? TightFuzz?), and I don't know what else. If it's Eventide, Strymon, Darkglass, Amptweaker, or Source Audio, I can imagine having it on my board.

16. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    For me, it would be pretty much what I have now, but with a few more dirt pedals here and there. However, I would love to have it all in multiple rack drawers (probably like at least 10 drawers :) ). Then, have a PT-2 sided board that also fits in a drawer with a big pedal snake (like much bigger/thicker than a standard one) to connect a BIG midi controller, a VERY intricate blender and some expression/volume pedals. The PT-2 would just fit in another rack drawer. It would take 5 minutes to wheel in and setup. There would be a HUGE patch bay. Enough drawers and space to be able to use cheap but reliable cables (soldered with huge connectors filled with epoxy like monoprice does but with better cabling). Unfortunately there is no real intricate blender that would do what I am thinking unless I somehow had a snake feeding my wounded paw v4 + added a bunch of midi stuff to it.

I know it's not part of the board, but I think this setup would work great with a power amp and a few racked preamps.

So, my answer is a PT-2 for controlling coupled with hat would possibly be a fridge size rack... :)

17. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    If money is no issue, why limit yourself to just one pedalboard? :)

18. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

The list is so long it would take forever to make. I can think of a few that would be awesome to have right now...

Mountanking Electronics-Megalith
    Fuzzrocious-Terrordactyl
    Endangered Audio-Ad4096
    Loud Button-Morphine Dream
    Moog-Clusterflux
    B.K. Butler Tube Driver w/bias

I think we see a trend here. I can't afford pedals over $250 lol.

That being said. I am still pretty damn happy with my board on a budget!

19. negativefx

negativefx complete hack Gold Supporting Member

Mine would be a pedalboat more than a board.

For guitar, Kemper + most of the strymons + some wamplers would do the trick.
    For bass, I'm pretty close to my dream board sans the new Bass Whammy and that sweet Source Audio multi-distortion.

Or I could go ridiculous: Dumble + Klon + Echoplex + Vintage Fuzzface (with a couple dozen NOS transistors for backup)

20. SonOfLiberty

SonOfLiberty Supporting Member

Mine is real simple. Carl Martin bass drive, Darkglass Vintage deluxe, and a Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl.

21. sricks3

sricks3

If money is not an issue:
    Korg Pitch Black -> BassBalls (mostly for fun) -> Carl Martin Bass Chorus -> Green Rhino-> BassMaster -> Meatsmoke Pedal -> EBS ValveDrive or Carl Martin Bass Drive -> EBS MultiComp -> Whirlwind Bass 10 (x2) -> REDDI

Realistic dream board:
    Korg Pitch Black -> CEB-3 -> ValveDrive or Bass Drive -> MultiComp -> GEB-7 -> Radial ProDI