Dredgetone Angler?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by shinybeast, Apr 1, 2014.

1. shinybeast

shinybeast

Hello to all. I'm considering options for a low gain OD. The Angler has come up as a favorite on the forums in the past but doesn't seem to get mentioned as often as it used to. I have read the tourbox thread and liked some of the clips. However, I'm curious to hear some more recent perspective from those who are currently using it or have in the past. How does it compare to some of the newer offerings on the market? Would you describe it has having a good dynamic sensitivity (i.e., does it sound relatively clean with a light touch and dirtier as you dig in)? Does it work well with other pedals? How is the build quality?

In case it's helpful, I play a passive P-bass with Chromes and Lindy Fralins. My amp's a GK, but I usually have to run direct to FOH (most venues work that way in my town), so I need something that handles that application well. Any perspective would be much appreciated!
  2. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows Supporting Member

I set the tourbox up a while back. Still one of my favorites. Excellent dynamic sensitivity. I don't stack pedals much so can't comment on that. The build quality is excellent.
  3. shinybeast

shinybeast

Thanks for the reply--that was a very helpful thread. Glad to hear it's still working well for you!