Drilling template for 2nd volume knob on a P?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Rusty the Scoob, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Rusty the Scoob

Rusty the Scoob Supporting Member

Anyone have a good drilling template for adding a 2nd volume knob to a P to make it a PJ, closer to the bridge?

Like this:

[​IMG]

I just need the location of the hole itself, the body has plenty of room since it's a rear-routed Warmoth body. Thanks!
  2. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

I would just follow the PG outer curve and measure in from there the same distance as the regular volume knob. Seems to me that visually it would work best if the regular volume and the new volume should be the same distance from that edge because that's the only common reference point.
  3. Rusty the Scoob

That's a good idea! I had marked and set the knob dead center of that section of the pickguard and it didn't look right at all. Definitely needed to be closer to the bottom edge like you said.
  4. thrasher666

thrasher666

on my Ibanez RD707, I have a volume pot, tone pot, and then a "blend" pot, where I can pan back & forth between the two p'ups. Its nice because you only have 1 volume knob to contend with instead of two. I like this better, myself. Just throwing that tidbit out there.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

Another option is to use the output location for the third knob and put the jack on the body end.

[​IMG]
  7. Rusty the Scoob

The 3rd knob wasn't the problem... it was the 4th and 5th plus the switch!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]