Dropped my SWR 350!!!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by wyleeboxer, Mar 27, 2014.

1. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Ok so I dropped one of my SWR 350 redface amps after modifying the AE on the circuit board. Everything was working great after the mod until I dropped it off my workbench and whamoo a BIG hit off the ground, since the hood was off the front panel got bent back real far on the non-circuit board side but didnt touch any of the internals.. .

So, I had to take everything out of the aluminum casing and re-install all the parts after I bent back the front panel. I had to re-solder some LED's, power connections, fuses, and few other wires that connected to the outer case.

It turned back on, the pre-amp tube was glowing, the limiter LED even flashed a few times but only with the Pre and power turned all the way up. But no volume and no flickering or clipping of the Pre-amp LED with the bass plugged in. Yes I checked the cable and bass... and double checked all fuses and connections that I re-soldered and any other connections I could see.

Its a long shot I know but anyone have any idea what it might be before I send it in for what may be an expensive overhaul?