1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Drum apps for iphone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Catanova, May 19, 2013.

1. Catanova

Catanova Supporting Member

What drum machine apps does anyone here recommend for iphone?

For practice, I'd like the ability to dial in a variety of preset drum pattern loops. Tempo adjustment and a reasonably realistic sound are important.

I did some searching and was surprised at how many drum apps exist, just hoping someone can help me focus on some apps that are useful and also fairly simple to use.

Thanks to anyone who might have some advice to share :)
  2. BeerSuds

BeerSuds

I usually just use the smart drums in Garage Band. I also have the DM1 app, which is pretty good if you like creating your own beats.
  3. hensonbass

hensonbass Supporting Member

4. Catanova

Thanks for the time and advice!
  5. taphappy

taphappy doot de doo Supporting Member

About to post a thread on it, but --- new one out called Drumgenius, it's by a DB player named Mauro Battisti. The infinite loop downloads package is $5 until tomorrow (then it goes to $10, I think) - 300 different loops he made using Addictive Drums. Android and Apple. Really nice sounding loops. I'm presently downloading everything, then I'll post. But, here:

http://www.projazzlab.com/
  6. Catanova

That looks interesting! Will definitely check it out...
  7. Swift713

Swift713

Can anyone recommend an app that does 7/8 time? I can't seem to find one and I don't want to be buying apps just to find out if they play in 7.
  8. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster Supporting Member

I've not yet tried Garage Band. Is it possible to run my computer thru one of my amps?
  9. ryansalmond

ryansalmond Supporting Member

Different Drummer. Has a learning curve but, WHOA
  10. Swift713

Swift713

That Drumgenius is nice, but I guess I need a drum machine that can do 7 because those were not quite right.
    Looks like Easy Beats 3 can do odd meters, can anyone confirm this?