1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Drum Machine & Recorder

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Nov 8, 2012.

1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Hello All,

This is my first post in the recording section. I am interested in buying a drum machine and a handheld recorder. This is just for me to doodle around with at home. I am not a professional by no means. I have looked at a few drum machines and recorders and have settled on two. Please give me some feedback on these. These will mainly be used at home with me on bass with the drum machine set and the recorder recoding. Just so I can practice with a drummer and replay for my own pleasure.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/alesis-sr-16-drum-machine

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/zoom-h1-handy-recorder

Thanks

Shaun
  2. KTFunkAlive

KTFunkAlive

I am also considering an H1 and would appreciate any thoughts.
  3. seamonkey

seamonkey

The sr-16 is from 1990. You'll be bored to death programming it and listening to it.
    If you have a PC or iPhone, use it instead

Zoom is a good choice. It is always handy to have a recorder for rehearsals. But an external mic on a smartphone can do wonders.
  4. strummer21

strummer21

If you have an iphone or ipad I would highly recommend checking out the drum programming apps. I was also contemplating getting an sr-16 but after researching the apps available there is no competition. I got the DM1 app and its really easy to learn and work with, check it out.