Drum Machine Software

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by LeeNunn, Feb 12, 2014.

1. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

I have an old Alesis SR16 drum machine that I use as a fancy metronome. I created metronome patterns for various time signatures, some with a swing feel, and one that is just a 2 4 pocket. When I practice a song with changing time signatures, I’ll string patterns together in song mode. I don't use all the features that Alesis offers, but it does what I need.

My problem is that I keep forgetting how to program the machine and I have to refamiliarize myself with the owner’s manual every time I want to create a new pattern or "song." Can anyone recommend an easy to use and relatively low cost software package that will do the same thing? In other words, I just want a fancy metronome.
  2. Carlo CN

Carlo CN

if you can usa a tablet (iPad, iPhone) I advise you the app Drum Genius or Drum Beats+, they are cheap and with great audio quality.
  3. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

Thanks. I do have an iPad, on which iRealb was my only application. I'll check both of these out.
  4. t77mackie

t77mackie

Is there a free MIDI drum program I can use on the PC to make drum tracks? The kind where you can drag and drop musical notes onto a staff?

I used to use cakewalk I think but that was back when people still used floppy discs.

thanx
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. phmike

phmike

7. davrip

davrip

I use "Hydrogen" it's free and comes with a full kit and you can write complete
    songs with it or just use it with a click on the beat.

Works on Windows and Linux, and is certainly a "Fancy metronome" :).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hydrogen/
  8. Groove Master

Groove Master

DM 1 for iphone and ipad. Amazing app. Can't believe it exists for 2-3 bucks.