1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Drum Machine Software

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by LeeNunn, Feb 12, 2014.

1. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

I have an old Alesis SR16 drum machine that I use as a fancy metronome. I created metronome patterns for various time signatures, some with a swing feel, and one that is just a 2 4 pocket. When I practice a song with changing time signatures, I’ll string patterns together in song mode. I don't use all the features that Alesis offers, but it does what I need.

My problem is that I keep forgetting how to program the machine and I have to refamiliarize myself with the owner’s manual every time I want to create a new pattern or "song." Can anyone recommend an easy to use and relatively low cost software package that will do the same thing? In other words, I just want a fancy metronome.
  2. Carlo CN

Carlo CN

if you can usa a tablet (iPad, iPhone) I advise you the app Drum Genius or Drum Beats+, they are cheap and with great audio quality.
  3. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

Thanks. I do have an iPad, on which iRealb was my only application. I'll check both of these out.
  4. t77mackie

t77mackie

Is there a free MIDI drum program I can use on the PC to make drum tracks? The kind where you can drag and drop musical notes onto a staff?

I used to use cakewalk I think but that was back when people still used floppy discs.

thanx
  5. phmike

phmike

6. davrip

davrip

I use "Hydrogen" it's free and comes with a full kit and you can write complete
    songs with it or just use it with a click on the beat.

Works on Windows and Linux, and is certainly a "Fancy metronome" :).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hydrogen/
  7. Groove Master

Groove Master

DM 1 for iphone and ipad. Amazing app. Can't believe it exists for 2-3 bucks.