1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Drummer needs help (with PJ wiring)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by markert2523, Dec 30, 2013.

1. markert2523

markert2523

OK, I'm a drummer and not a bass player. But I'm building a cheap bass kit with my 12 year old bass player. I finish a lot of drum stuff but never built a bass. It's a cheap kit but I just wanted him to start learning to work on gear and this seemed a good way to do it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Electri...436?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item23244ea5fc

Problem is that it came with NO instructions. So far we've got the bridge placed and neck holes drilled. Now to take it apart and stain/finish. I need to start figuring out the electronics.Tons of wiring diagrams out there for PJ's but this one came with 4 knobs. Two have caps so I assume two vol, two tone? The P pickups are joined by a blue wire and have a single shielded output wire containing the bare shield and a white wire. The bridge humbucker has a white/red (twisted together), a black, and a green (twisted with bare shield).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ANY help is greatly appreciated and thanks for letting me join the forum.