Dubstep bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Anonymous7, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Anonymous7

Anonymous7

Would I still get a decent Nathan Navarro Dubstep/electronica tone with a source audio BEF pro, source audio OFD, and a hot hand 3, or would other pedals be needed?
    Also what pedals do you like for this kind of music?
  2. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

If you are going with the OFD, use the fuzz channels. Octave fuzz or gated fuzz would be the best with the evnelope filter.
  3. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj Supporting Member

I've played with dubstep sounds just a little bit, it's SUPER fun. I'm def keeping it simple so far, but I'm gettin there

I like going:

OC-2 -> fuzz -> tremolo -> delay

That's a cool sound, def gets dubsteppy, but u should prob set the Trem and delay to tempo

Sometimes I'll put chorus after the fuzz too for added texture, and other times a Meatbox works it's way in there too, just to add insult to injury

Also been playing around with adding my WMD envelope filter with an expression pedal into that very same chain of pedals, the LFO option on there with the exp pedal gets somewhat crazy when combined with a fuzz and delay

I really want to get an IE Frantabit into the mix too, the exp pedal option on that just begs to be used in the pedal chain to build some WHOMP WHOOOOOMP WOBBLE

Sorry didn't mean to deviate from ur original topic. Haven't used the SA hothand but I've seen great stuff done with it, especially the BEF
  4. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy Supporting Member

Dubstep is over... time to work on 808 sounds w. your bass so you can be all in the Trap.

0_o
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. adamsmatthewj

+1 to 808 drops on bass!
  7. JehuJava

JehuJava I endorse myself Supporting Member

What's the secret to doing those?
  8. BooshBass

BooshBass Supporting Member

9. jasonmitsch

jasonmitsch

I own all three of those items, and the answer is yes.

Like others have said, I like to add an octave pedal in front of the drive to beef the tone.

When you tire of the sounds you get from those pedals, adding any sort of modulation after brings a new synth element to the tone
  10. adamsmatthewj

DOD Meatbox
  11. jasonmitsch

jasonmitsch

Mantic density hulk. An amp with 15" speakers.
  12. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

^this

I just picked up a manta and HH3, gotta rehearsal tonight; will try to get some wobble worked up (got 15s).
    :hyper:
  13. adamsmatthewj

Yeah the density hulk is a repro of the Meatbox. The used MEATBOXes are getting too expensive and are pretty old, and getting unreliable. Mantic is prob the way to go now!
  14. jasonmitsch

jasonmitsch

Density hulk isn't a meatbox clone. It is similar in function, but the tone is actually cleaner than a meatbox (which I prefer). Mantic is supposed to be releasing a clone called the MeatBag which will be true to the original.
  15. adamsmatthewj

I knew someone was gonna point that out. Yes, you're correct. Meatbag lives, Juan has one already! So cool
  16. jasonmitsch

jasonmitsch

Ya they're close enough that it doesn't matter to me, but it's worth noting since they're different products. The mantic site even calls the hulk a meatbox clone, which certainly has helped proliferate the misunderstanding