1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Dubstep jam with BOSS SYB-5

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Redhotbassist, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Hi guys, here is a clip of a dubstep style jam i did with one of my drummer friends! the track is an original in progress but this is just a rough structure of it as it was recorded on the fly! hope you dig it..

pedal's used in this clip are the BOSS SYB-5 synth pedal, and the Roland EV-5 expression pedal (to get the wobbles)

2. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    Cool stuff :) could you do a demo with the syb-5 and maybe some fuzz or something? Thanks

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. I had an SYB-5 for a while. It's a fun pedal. It doesn't like being fed fuzz. I sometimes used my Copilot Orbit after it with interesting results.

5. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    I'm looking into adding a fuzz/distortion/overdrive with it.. the tone would be that bit more aggressive which would be cool!

6. shaginwagin

shaginwagin

Apr 2, 2012
    Arizona
  7. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Thanks man! more on the way :)

8. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    I just got one of these recently, it sounds great, so punchy! but is taking me some time to learn to control the wobbles w the exp pedal, sounds like you got the hang of it.

9. I like that! Nice and spongy/springy sounding. Oh, tell the drummer nice job too.

10. spcmstrbtasp

spcmstrbtasp

Oct 19, 2006
    Athens, GA
    OP-

Nice stuff-

The SYB-5 with an expression pedal has lots of possibilities. Here's an example of a different setting paired with some delay and more of a house/ electro vibe: https://soundcloud.com/md702/no_substitute

Spc

11. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Cool man! Yeah definitely trying to build up my collection of pedals and pair them up to see what other sounds it can produce!

12. karstetterpj

karstetterpj

Apr 27, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Disclosures:
    Commercial User
    OP, love the jam. I have an SYB-5 as well and was wondering what setting you used throughout that coolness