1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Dummy load for tube amp --> 4ohms - 40watts

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by Ukiah Bass, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

For sale: a dummy load that allows you to power up a tube amp without having a speaker cabinet attached. Useful if you want to use the amp as a tube preamp. The dummy load is rated at 4 ohms / 40 watts, so it's intended only for low power tube amps. Made for me by Dale Murrow at Old School Amps.

The dummy load has a high impact plastic body with a female Speak-on jack to receive a standard Speak-on speaker cable. Dimensions are 4.75" (L) x 2.5" (W) x 1.5" (H) - roughly the side of a foot pedal (such as the tuner shown for comparison). Weighs about half a pound.

Price: $35 shipped CONUS, PayPal only.
  2. tubenutq5

tubenutq5

0   0   0

Thinking about it. Could use it during my amp builds to check voltages w/o plugging in speakers.
  3. basswave

basswave Execuse me but your I-IV-V is in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    118   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsments listed in profile
    BTW...these things work great I the studio or headphone rehersals with the radial JDX load DI... If this was 100 w I would be on this like white on rice.
  4. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.