Duo Chrous/Flanger Options!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mister_Munro, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Mister_Munro

Mister_Munro

Hey Everyone! So I'm stuck on a question that I'm sure can be answered by someone on here :)

T.C. Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger

OR!

EBS Chorus.

What would you recommend for someone that likes some subtle chorus/flanger.

I use would mostly use one of these to add some colour to my playing. I don't want something too crazy. Think David Gilmours flanger on Have a cigar (flanger). and the chorus to be something along the lines to how Wooten uses it (which I know is seldom and very subtle).

What one would you recommend as I like that they have the two effects in one and are both highly recommended. Thanks!
  2. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

Never used either but my Boss BF-2 covers both bases quite nicely, awesome chorus and flange
  3. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 Supporting Member

There's the newish MXR one too.
  4. Connormac123456

Connormac123456

+1
    I really dig the Bass Chorus Deluxe, really good sounding chorus/flanger in one box. Can be fairly present if you want it to be, but can also do subtle tones as well.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Basshappi

Basshappi

Fulltone ChoralFlange, if you can find one.
  7. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

+ 1
    Another MXR hit.

Also played a while with an EHX Stereo Electric Mistress, but way too cold for my taste. Worked well with bass, though.
  8. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

May as well look at the Source Audio Orbital while you're at it. Of your original two, I'd go for the TC. But the MXR is a great choice, too.
  9. Absumone

Absumone

I have the Zoom ms-70cdr and it does an amazing job on the chorus/flanger combination, plus it has delay and reverb effects as well.

But from your original choices: T.C. or go with the MXR that's been suggested
  10. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Disclosures:
    playing bass since 2005
    ehx stereo electric mistress!
  11. Mister_Munro

Mister_Munro

Thanks guys!
  12. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

+1 now those sings are SWEET
  13. winterburn69

winterburn69

Are you referring to the effect on David's guitar or the "rumour" that he played the bass on that track as well? And in any case the effect on the bass is a Phase 90, not a flanger (although they're quite similar).

For a dual chorus/flanger I've found the MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe works quite well, although you might have to change your settings when it's in the flanger mode. I think the flanger sounds like crap the way I have it set currently but I don't want to fiddle with knobs every time I need a flanger which is why I'm still using my flanger. Although that's not to say you can't get a decent flanger sound out of it (you can), I played around with it quite a bit when I got it.
  14. Unemploid

Unemploid

i'd like to mention, i'd like to get the mxr bass chorus deluxe. to me, the x–over is one big reason to get this pedal over others.
  15. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

I have one in the classifieds and it is great.
    Just not using effects these days.
  16. HeebHammer70

HeebHammer70

+1 this again, it doesn't do either one particularly well but when they come together it's amazing