Dwarfcraft Devices The Great Destroyer...??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cnltb, Mar 16, 2014.

1. cnltb

cnltb

Has anyone here tried the great destroyer with bass?
    Is it any good?
    How is the company to deal with in terms of communication etc?

Thanks! :).

2. Lebowsky

Lebowsky Effects Forum Resident Supporting Member

I haven't tried this pedal, but Dwarfcraft is great!

3. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Yeah no fear about Dwarfcraft, Aen and his wife are awesome!

I had a TGD and it was great if you dig loud, broken sagged fuzz…YUM

4. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

I have this pedal and I like it. I also didn't have a very good experience in my purchase though. I ordered the diy kit and they took forever to send it to me after I had to send them multiple emails which they didn't reply to at a reasonable rate at all. Then after that hassle I received the diy kit and it was missing 3 caps. So I had to email them again which they didn't reply to. So I then had to post on their Facebook page before they finally sent me the caps even though they still never replied to me. It was not a pleasant experience.

If you are seriously interested I would order the pedal from a trusted supplier and not them directly. Then hope you never have to send it to them for repair. Outside of all that, they do make great pedals, I can't deny that. I still have it on my board and it works great. I just got the impression with my experience is that they care about making their suppliers happy before the people that actually use their pedals and attest to their satisfaction on forums such as these.

Otherwise great pedal lol

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

They had a kit for awhile. You could ask them if they still have those. I don't see it on their site, but super easy to build. TGD is an AWESOME pedal on bass. It sounds the best with no oscillation on IMO though. In that case you'd want to go with the Surrender Dorothy. Don't know if they are making them anymore? But it's the same pedal without the starve.