1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

E-140 on a SVT-15 cab ?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by iguana, May 29, 2012.

1. iguana

iguana

Well....I'm selling my Ampeg B-100R. I tryied putting a E-140 on it (rewired in 4 ohms) for a while. It was better that the original speaker at high volume, but in general wasn't what I was looking for.

Whats the idea? Sell the combo, buy a head, and built a cab to put the E-140 on it. The question is, which cab? I cant buy a cab here (the prices are prohibitive) so I will built one. It could look like a Fender or Ampeg I really dont care, but my question is about dimensions.

I don't wan't a giant cab, with something a bit bigger than the combo is ok for me, so I was looking with interest the Ampeg SVT-15 cab. What you think?

Thanks in advance.
  2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Sorry that makes no sense to me. Would you reword it to make your meaning plainer. I know that English is not your first language. :)
  3. iguana

iguana

I bought the speaker damaged, without the cone or coil. So when I sent it to recone I asked to do it in 4 ohms instead 8.

I have the E-140 apart from the combo. The combo have his original speaker installed right now
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

5. iguana

iguana

Finally I built a SVT-15 cab with Fender's look (to match the rest of the band). Inside it's a reconed 4 ohms JBL E-140

Im really happy with the sound. It's really a step forward compared with the Ampeg B-100r

Now I can play in large stages and I can heard what I play with clarity.

[​IMG]

here the cab on stage

[​IMG]
  6. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

7. iguana

iguana

you should ask why a reconed speaker, why the Fender's look, why why why why....and the answer is "cost"

I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Ampeg prices are totally crazy.

An original Ampeg SVT-15 used cab here, is about 1500 american dollars, and a PF-350 its near 900

I did it all for half the price.
  8. Bassmec

Bassmec

Disclosures:
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    I think you have done very well, it looks great, bet it sounds really good too.:bassist:
  9. iguana

iguana

Thanks man :) I'm happy with the result, it was what I was looking for.