E-140 on a SVT-15 cab ?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by iguana, May 29, 2012.

1. iguana

iguana

Well....I'm selling my Ampeg B-100R. I tryied putting a E-140 on it (rewired in 4 ohms) for a while. It was better that the original speaker at high volume, but in general wasn't what I was looking for.

Whats the idea? Sell the combo, buy a head, and built a cab to put the E-140 on it. The question is, which cab? I cant buy a cab here (the prices are prohibitive) so I will built one. It could look like a Fender or Ampeg I really dont care, but my question is about dimensions.

I don't wan't a giant cab, with something a bit bigger than the combo is ok for me, so I was looking with interest the Ampeg SVT-15 cab. What you think?

Thanks in advance.

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Sorry that makes no sense to me. Would you reword it to make your meaning plainer. I know that English is not your first language. :)

3. iguana

iguana

I bought the speaker damaged, without the cone or coil. So when I sent it to recone I asked to do it in 4 ohms instead 8.

I have the E-140 apart from the combo. The combo have his original speaker installed right now

4. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. iguana

iguana

Finally I built a SVT-15 cab with Fender's look (to match the rest of the band). Inside it's a reconed 4 ohms JBL E-140

Im really happy with the sound. It's really a step forward compared with the Ampeg B-100r

Now I can play in large stages and I can heard what I play with clarity.

[​IMG]

here the cab on stage

[​IMG]

7. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

8. iguana

iguana

you should ask why a reconed speaker, why the Fender's look, why why why why....and the answer is "cost"

I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Ampeg prices are totally crazy.

An original Ampeg SVT-15 used cab here, is about 1500 american dollars, and a PF-350 its near 900

I did it all for half the price.

9. Bassmec

Bassmec

Disclosures:
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    I think you have done very well, it looks great, bet it sounds really good too.:bassist:

10. iguana

iguana

Thanks man :) I'm happy with the result, it was what I was looking for.