1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

E string Blues

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by madjazzbass, Mar 24, 2014.

1. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the E string on my Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass sounds like ...well it sounds like crap! It sounds "boxy" there's no real note, it just sounds pretty much like a thud, if that makes any sense to you at all. The other 3 strings sound fine, it's just the E string that I can't get a good sound out of no matter how much I try and "Tweak it". Could it be the intonation? Strings? I use the same exact strings on all 5 of my Jazz Basses, (Fender 7350M .045-.105) this Paticular Bass just does'nt have a good E string sound; I could use some Expertise(?) in this matter, Thank You very much in advance. Bart/ madjazzbass

2. 1stnamebassist

1stnamebassist

Maybe tightening the truss rod a bit May help. It could be a dead string also. Have you tried removing the string and then restringing with the same string? Beyond that I wouldn't have any idea.

3. BillisCool

BillisCool

It's probably a dead string.

Get a new one and be careful not to twist it when you install it!

4. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

Wow! Thanks guys, I actually changed the whole set of strings and WOW!! It's been a year since I've changed them (I have 6 Basses so....) but that pretty much did it, silly me huh? Haaaaaaa!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BillisCool

BillisCool