1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

E016

Discussion in 'Roscoe Basses' started by Gard, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    LG Standard 5 JM
    Swamp Ash body
    Satin Tobacco Sunburst finish
    Bartolini MM + J pickups
    Bartolini 3-band preamp
    3-piece Maple neck
    Maple fingerboard
    Graphite nut
    Satin Chrome hardware

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK, so this one is a bit of an "oddity" - it IS a Standard, but it is a CARVED top. It is a "leftover" from some tests we were doing on a machine, we had a nice 5 string neck that was "homeless" (it will have a matching headstock, by the way!), and we wanted to try a couple of things out, so it got put into production! :)

It is unclaimed by a dealer or player, so if you're interested, let us know and we'll get you in touch with a dealer to make arrangements to pick it up! :cool:
  2. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Ahh, this one is going to be incredible. JM pickups, carved top, matching headstock. NICE.
  3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Wizardry! Supporting Member

Burst looks better like this, with the less black.
  4. Jeff Moote

Now that I have a vested interest in this, I should mention that I agree. Because the finishes are done by hand they’re all different of course, but I’ve noticed a trend of the carved tops getting less black to show off the contours more, while some of the standards get too much black, IMO.

A recent example is http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f153/e005-903780/ which I think looks great, but definitely has more black with little of the other colours extending to the horns at all. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f153/c046-775336/ on the other hand got hit with a bit too much black IMO. As mentioned in that thread, it looks WAY better in Gard’s photos than BNW’s :D
  5. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    I'll note that preference on E027, Jeff! :)
  6. Jeff Moote

Awesome! I really didn’t want to impose that up front lest I insult the sensibilities of the guy holding the spray gun, but I would really appreciate it if that was noted. :cool:
  7. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

8. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

This is an intriguing bass. One of my favorites (until I tried Roscoe) was a Lakland 55-02 with the Bartolini J/MM pups. That combo with a Roscoe B string and Roscoe "flavor" could be really nice. The "one-off-ness" of the carved top standard and matching headstock adds to the uniqueness as well.
  9. JOME77

JOME77

Sweet! Nice looking bass. I bet that that bass will sound awesome with that combo.

And since it's a JM model just box it up and it to me in good ole Georgia!

Joe to policeman "Yes sir office, and I can prove that it's mine. It's got my initials in the neck pocket. I mark all of my basses that way"! :D

officer to Gard after removing the neck "Yep, I guess it is yours Mr.Meyer. Do you want to press charges against this Gard fellow?"

Joe to policeman "No, I don't want to cause no trouble. Just make sure they give me my case back too!"

:D:D:D
  10. Jeff Moote

Those happen to by my initials too. It only seems right that I should get one too :p
  11. JOME77

JOME77

Well I couldn't agree more Jeff!

Please make another one Gard. I think that you have both shipping addresses! :D
  12. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    Jeff & Joe, ladies & gentlemen, give it up for the funniest pair of J's in the business!!!

:hyper:

;)

Bit of an update on this one - first of all, here's a peek at the neck on it - Keith's doing something a bit different:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now the body had the hardware and electronics installed:

[​IMG]

Who's gonna give this one a home?

:)
  13. JOME77

JOME77

Very Nice!

I love the finish on the back of the neck!
  14. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings
    The neck!!!! Oh my!

That is seriously classy....
  15. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

I'm a little surprised this hasn't been claimed. So many cool and unique features...
  16. JOME77

JOME77

Is it just the angle of the picture or does the finish highlight the top carving more?

Maybe it's deeper due to it not having a top laminate. What ever it is it sure looks good!
  17. JoelFT

JoelFT Supporting Member

Alright, I'll bite. Gard, I might be interested. This could possibly be a good candidate for that piccolo I mentioned.
  18. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
  19. Jeff Moote

This is just stupidly nice. That neck finish would be too over the top on most basses IMO, but on this one it's just perfect and matches perfectly.
  20. Gard

Gard

Disclosures: