1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Eagles Tonight!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 10cc, Feb 24, 2014.

1. 10cc

10cc

My wife came home from work Friday with free tickets for tonight's Eagles show with a parking pass. I'm not a huge fan but hearing them for forty years you can't help but have huge respect for something of this quality still standing and chugging along. I'm pretty excited, I've never seen them live and have always wanted to if for no other reason than They Are America.

I'm going with full intentions on witnessing some great vocals and super musicianship. Hopefully it will far exceed my expectations.

I caught the documentary weeks ago and have a new love for their songs and a bigger love for Poco!

2. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass

My wife and I just saw them on January 28 here in Sacramento. They were great! We have been Eagles fans since the 70's and have seen them in concert many times. This tour has a real "laid back" feel to it. Enjoy!

3. zon6c-f

zon6c-f

ENJOY!!

They sure have come a long way since I saw them warm up for YES in 1972..lol..

I was one of maybe 4 people who clapped.. Eagles Drummer returned to scold Atlanta..

WE KNOW YOU CAME HERE TO SEE YES..BUT BEFORE YOU LEAVE TONIGHT..LOOK AT YOUR SELVES.. LOOK AT US.... LOOK AT YES...... WE'LL BE BACK ATLANTA.

Sure enough..entire audience was wearing the same uniform.. plaid flannel shirts and busted jeans.. YES wore costumes..sequins.. gold lamme.... HE WAS RIGHT!

4. 10cc

10cc

When I was I guess around six my dad and his buddy loaded me in the truck and we drove down to a record store that we had called " Turtles" so they could get their Eagles tickets and the driveway entering the store was one lane. Well when we where pulling in a VW bug full of Hippies was pulling out about the same time we were pulling in and after we all almost crashed into each other they refused to back up. Our ass end of my dad's ford was hanging out into the road and on coming cars were headed in our direction. I remember my dad yelled for them to back up and they just laughed and thought the whole thing was funny. That's when my dad told me to sit still and him and Lawrence got out and walked up to the VW. The hippies continued to laugh, they rolled the windows up and locked their doors and one even hung my dad the finger. My dad and his pal Lawrence pushed the bug over on its side and then got into the truck and we backed up and went home. On the way home Lawrence said to my dad "I guess we ain't going to see the Eagles" my dad simply said "nope".

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. zon6c-f

zon6c-f

WEEELLLLL..Tonight history changes for you...

Last time I saw them was HOTEL CALIFORNIA tour..Old OMNI ARENA ..NO WARM-UP ACT..original bass player..used a Rick 4001..don't know why.. because his tone was that of a giant cardboard box... Surprisingly that night Joe Walsh wasn't THE hot dog player... And out of nowhere.Steve Miller joined the stage and jammed.. a great night..memories

10CC..Are you are in Atlanta??

7. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

Bernie Leadon has been back on the latest tours, I've always dug his playing.

8. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Have fun!

The Eagles are a truly great band!

9. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

I'm surprised. I thought Bernie's split from the Eagles was almost as acrimonious as Don Felder's.

10. 10cc

10cc

Yes I am in Atlanta

Just got back from the show. Yes Bernie was there for at least the first half and he ripped! Joe was good, Don's vocal was a little hot, Glenn was Glenn, Timothy was perfect and Felder was nowhere to be seen boo. All in all it was as good as a free concert can be in a arena that has sh!t sound.

Highlights for me were:
    I can't tell you why
    In the city

11. jerry

Bernie's split was almost forty years ago, easier fence to mend I guess. It might be hell freezes over before Felder is ever back.;)

12. powderfinger

powderfinger

The less chance a band member has for returning, more than likely the better chance the split had to do with money!

13. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

They are great live. A real testament to Henley's hardassleadership.

14. powderfinger

powderfinger

I though he and Frey were co-dictators?

15. jerry

Oh yeah, it was a money thing.

16. zon6c-f

zon6c-f

Glad you enjoyed the show.

Only venue in ATL with decent sound I M O is FOX..Eagles would have to perform nightly for weeks to get same crowd numbers.

"I can't tell you Why" always gets me.

I M O ...Nearly any of us could play bass for Eagles.. but vocals???

17. powderfinger

powderfinger

I can sing like Joe Walsh.

18. zon6c-f

zon6c-f

10cc : TURTLES..We used to go to Turtles: Southake, in Morrow, Ga.

I miss stand alone 'record stores'...Record Bar, Peaches, Turtles etc.

Big box book stores are hanging on by a thread.. We used to stay in book stores on weekends [ after I no longer had gigs] late until they threw us out..Good old OXFORD in Peachrtee Battle..

19. WillInDenver

WillInDenver An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Smith's Old Bar...

20. zon6c-f

zon6c-f

Never been to Smiths..I understand from a friend who has played Smiths that it is quite small..his band played ...upstairs?

OK..Variety Playhouse and old Civic Center sound good, too ..but compared to the FOX??

WJGreer: I have a friend.. Bobby Cole..great keys player/ performer living near Denver.. plays in a local Funk band there... And when you return to ATL..send me a PM?

21. WillInDenver

WillInDenver An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

It's tiny, 30 people upstairs would make it feel full. I happened in there one night about 10 or 12 years ago and Ian Moore was playing. I'd seen him a few times in Austin, but that was the best show I saw.

I am always looking for good keyboard players - would love to meet Bobby sometime. Any idea who he plays with here?