Ear Training technology on the road

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by catyak, Sep 1, 2013.

1. catyak

catyak

I'm leaving on a trip Tuesday and wanted to continue working from the "Ear Training For Contemporary Musicians" book while traveling. I need to pack light since I'll be going through airports and work computer and clothes will take up most of the room in my baggage. I'll be taking my Mac Air laptop and iPhone.

I can copy the CD's onto the iPhone and laptop, but a lot of the exercises involve playing notes.

Any suggestions on technology to help? Should I install a keyboard app on the iPhone? Software on the laptop? Or try to find a small keyboard with an earphone jack that will fit in my carry on? I can't hook my personal computer up to the company's network, so I won't have much Internet access.
  2. gavinspoon

gavinspoon

I'd put a keyboard app and the cd's on the phone. It's all contained in one small package and ready to go.

The only thing that would put me off that is if you need to quickly start stop the audio. I had to do that with some language cds i put on my phone. The phone wasn't cutting it because the play/pause interface was too clumsy, so i bought a cheap mp3 player with a real hardware play/pause button.
  3. catyak

catyak

Thanks. Any recommendations on keyboard apps? I've looked at Akai's SynthStation.

*** Never mind, it took a while for me to remember that I have GarageBand on it already.