1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Earbuds : Recommend a pair for laptop computer listening

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bass301, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Bass301

Bass301

Please recommend a pair of low priced good sounding earbuds for listening to music on a laptop computer.

Most earbuds with a sensitivity specification below 100db are ever fainter maximum volume the lower the spec , and the eq of the good volume Koss SparkPlugs (sensitivity 112db) I have been using seems sonically unbalanced by being much heavier in the bass than the mids and highs.

Price also is a consideration at below 30 dollars (the lower the better) because of my tendency to wear out the thin wires and need to buy new headphones, especially because of using laptop on the go in public rather than only gently at home.

WireCutter review highly recommends a pair of Panasonic RP-TCM125 earbuds but user reviews mention these headphones are appropriate for listening to music on telephones rather than laptops, perhaps because sensitivity is 97db.

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

In my opinion, spending more than ten bucks on a pair of earbuds is a waste of money. Cheap ones sound fine and you'll either lose them or accidentally dunk them in a cup of coffee and ruin them....or at least that's what I always seem to end up doing.

3. brandau

brandau

Check out The Plug by Koss. They have other models too. Very inexpensive and sound great. Read some reviews

4. Vipersassasin

Vipersassasin

Honestly, if you don't mind spending a buck (or 100) the Bose IE2 are spectacular! I have had them for almost 5 years now have taken good care of them, they stay in my ear, have good bass, and overall just a great pair of ear buds. But I understand if you don't want to spend the money. I would suggest saving up for them though because they also make great In-Ear monitors.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
  7. Riverrunsred

Riverrunsred

I use the ones that came with my ipod.

8. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Another vote for the Bose IE2's. At just over $100 I would never have spent the loot for these myself but I received them as a gift and have really enjoyed them!

I had a pair of Ultimate Ears that were around $40 which I had previously considered the cap for the law of diminishing returns on earbuds until I tried the Bose. What a difference! If I lost these today I'd be out buying a new pair tomorrow.