EARBUDS?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by grass132456, Jan 2, 2013.

1. grass132456

grass132456

Hey guys,
    Once again I am looking for something that I am unfamiliar with... earbuds. I used to but some cheap phillips earbuds for $10 but they break so often that I am looking for something for durable and sounds better. My price range is around like $20-40 (?$50 if they are really worth it). I just want something more durable. I use them for casual listening, so I put them in my jacket pocket a lot so I can pull them out to listen when I'm just doing something casual. If there is a little extra bass in one, that would be a plus because for me, most earbuds don't have enough bass. SO please don't gimme suggestions on headphones, cuz I have those, or in-ears because those dont' fit me, or clip ons :p I'm just looking for your typical earbuds. :D
    My friend has suggested me two right here, so what do you think?
    http://www.amazon.com/YUIN-PK3-Yuin...=UTF8&qid=1357173840&sr=8-1&keywords=yuin pk3

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-MX...?ie=UTF8&qid=1357173828&sr=8-1&keywords=mx580

2. EricssonB

EricssonB

That price range is sorta whatever [DEL]whatever[/DEL] whichever way you go, I'd just read into reviews. Neither of those look like they seal. That's all I have to say. Gotta go pick up my wife. Good luck!

3. bassman.bob

bassman.bob

I use some $40 Sony's from Walmart. I have 4 kids who borrow them all the time. Had them for around a year.

4. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

I wouldn't bet on either of those sounding all that great. I just don't think the earbud style of 'phones work all that well, no matter who makes them.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    Yeah, that price range go for Sony. I used them as in ear monitors for a long time.

If you wanted to jump up to $100. I use Denon now. Have for a couple of years. Love them.

What ever you get I HIGHLY recommend these. Worth every penny. One set came in my Denons and I was hooked. http://www.complyfoam.com/

7. ishkabibble

ishkabibble

8. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

The new Apple headphones are actually really nice, sound almost as good as my $150 Shures.

lowsound

9. pflash4001

pflash4001

I have a set of Bose ie2 for my iPhone/iPod that work great. I like that they aren't sound isolating so I can listen to music and carry a conversation with my family at the grocery store or ride my bike safely while using them. They were about $120. Not cheap, but fit well and sound great. I got a set for my wife after she tried mine and loved them. They were her mothers day gift.

10. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

I have a pair of $30 Panasonic earbuds that I bought in a kiosk in the Denver airport when I forgot mine on the way out of town. Turns out, they're the best pair I've had, and I like them better than my brother's $100 Monsters. A couple people have used them in "emergency in-ear monitor" situations and have commented on how much they liked them (not knowing that's what I always use). Wish I knew the model #, I'd buy another pair.

5sg.

11. EricssonB

EricssonB

Oh heck yeah. That's what I would have added to my above post if I had the time.

Got those for my birthday in October -- freaking love them. Awesome for my home studio. My sangs sound awesome.

12. Waspinators

Waspinators

13. grass132456

grass132456

Sorry, no in-ears :/ They don't fit my ears.. I must have awkward ears :p

14. Waspinators

Waspinators

It comes with 3 sizes, but yeah I hear ya. You will have some trouble finding non-in-ear buds with decent bass though.

15. grass132456

grass132456

Does anyone even use earbuds? Cuz it seems like everyone use IEMs and Headphones :O

16. bassman.bob

bassman.bob

the biggest thing to look at is the frequency response. Some high end buds and full head cans only get down to around 35-40Hz.
    Then there are inexpensive ones that get all the way down to 20Hz. Some people will argue that a human prob cant hear 20Hz. But you sure can feel it.:D