1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

EARBUDS?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by grass132456, Jan 2, 2013.

1. grass132456

grass132456

Hey guys,
    Once again I am looking for something that I am unfamiliar with... earbuds. I used to but some cheap phillips earbuds for $10 but they break so often that I am looking for something for durable and sounds better. My price range is around like $20-40 (?$50 if they are really worth it). I just want something more durable. I use them for casual listening, so I put them in my jacket pocket a lot so I can pull them out to listen when I'm just doing something casual. If there is a little extra bass in one, that would be a plus because for me, most earbuds don't have enough bass. SO please don't gimme suggestions on headphones, cuz I have those, or in-ears because those dont' fit me, or clip ons :p I'm just looking for your typical earbuds. :D
    My friend has suggested me two right here, so what do you think?
    http://www.amazon.com/YUIN-PK3-Yuin...=UTF8&qid=1357173840&sr=8-1&keywords=yuin pk3

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-MX...?ie=UTF8&qid=1357173828&sr=8-1&keywords=mx580
  2. EricssonB

EricssonB

That price range is sorta whatever [DEL]whatever[/DEL] whichever way you go, I'd just read into reviews. Neither of those look like they seal. That's all I have to say. Gotta go pick up my wife. Good luck!
  3. bassman.bob

bassman.bob

I use some $40 Sony's from Walmart. I have 4 kids who borrow them all the time. Had them for around a year.
  4. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

I wouldn't bet on either of those sounding all that great. I just don't think the earbud style of 'phones work all that well, no matter who makes them.
  5. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    Yeah, that price range go for Sony. I used them as in ear monitors for a long time.

If you wanted to jump up to $100. I use Denon now. Have for a couple of years. Love them.

What ever you get I HIGHLY recommend these. Worth every penny. One set came in my Denons and I was hooked. http://www.complyfoam.com/
  6. ishkabibble

ishkabibble

7. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

The new Apple headphones are actually really nice, sound almost as good as my $150 Shures.

lowsound
  8. pflash4001

pflash4001

I have a set of Bose ie2 for my iPhone/iPod that work great. I like that they aren't sound isolating so I can listen to music and carry a conversation with my family at the grocery store or ride my bike safely while using them. They were about $120. Not cheap, but fit well and sound great. I got a set for my wife after she tried mine and loved them. They were her mothers day gift.
  9. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

I have a pair of $30 Panasonic earbuds that I bought in a kiosk in the Denver airport when I forgot mine on the way out of town. Turns out, they're the best pair I've had, and I like them better than my brother's $100 Monsters. A couple people have used them in "emergency in-ear monitor" situations and have commented on how much they liked them (not knowing that's what I always use). Wish I knew the model #, I'd buy another pair.

5sg.
  10. EricssonB

EricssonB

Oh heck yeah. That's what I would have added to my above post if I had the time.

Got those for my birthday in October -- freaking love them. Awesome for my home studio. My sangs sound awesome.
  11. Waspinators

Waspinators

12. grass132456

grass132456

Sorry, no in-ears :/ They don't fit my ears.. I must have awkward ears :p
  13. Waspinators

Waspinators

It comes with 3 sizes, but yeah I hear ya. You will have some trouble finding non-in-ear buds with decent bass though.
  14. grass132456

grass132456

Does anyone even use earbuds? Cuz it seems like everyone use IEMs and Headphones :O
  15. bassman.bob

bassman.bob

the biggest thing to look at is the frequency response. Some high end buds and full head cans only get down to around 35-40Hz.
    Then there are inexpensive ones that get all the way down to 20Hz. Some people will argue that a human prob cant hear 20Hz. But you sure can feel it.:D