1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Early 70s Jazz bass player refin project badass nice

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by timolius, Dec 4, 2013.

1. timolius

timolius Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

This bass is a monster player that has been refinished in a nice auburn sunburst. It has a side jack added, bart preamp, extensive copper shielding done. The original pickups with copper shielding inside pickup covers . It has Schaller German tuners, it had a broken hipshot on it, when purchased. It has a recessed Badass bridge. about a 1/8" recess into body so the neck alignment is perfect. Plays great w low action. Sounds incredible. Early 70s 4 bolt neck. comfortable and light. Battery box routed. This is an original fender body and neck, w original pickups, other than that it has been modded into a players dream funk machine. I was going to refinish it, but decided to sell instead. I will reassemble if you desire so.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag471/timolius/IMG_2727_zpsdf62a08a.jpg

Ships in gigbag

$1200 shipped to 48 states
  2. timolius

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

3. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Rating - 99.5%
    222   1   0

does the plate and pickguard cover the route?
  4. timolius

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Yes, it was carefully done. The pickguard is non original. I was using it w no pickguard (ala Jaco) and no routing shows.
  5. guitargarage

guitargarage Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Disclosures:
    Owner of Guitar Garage
    Few quick questions:
    - is there a date stamp/mfr code on the butt of the neck? if so, can you post it or a pic of it?
    - do you know if the headstock was drilled out for the Schaller bushings - I know Fender used Schaller's from the factory after 76, but not sure if the bushing outer diameter is the same as the "F" tuners from early 70s (anybody know?)
    - any of the pots original or were they replaced when the pre-amp was installed?

Four-bolter project Jazz basses are getting HARD to find ....

Thanks!