Early 70s Jazz bass player refin project badass nice

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by timolius, Dec 4, 2013.

1. timolius

timolius

This bass is a monster player that has been refinished in a nice auburn sunburst. It has a side jack added, bart preamp, extensive copper shielding done. The original pickups with copper shielding inside pickup covers . It has Schaller German tuners, it had a broken hipshot on it, when purchased. It has a recessed Badass bridge. about a 1/8" recess into body so the neck alignment is perfect. Plays great w low action. Sounds incredible. Early 70s 4 bolt neck. comfortable and light. Battery box routed. This is an original fender body and neck, w original pickups, other than that it has been modded into a players dream funk machine. I was going to refinish it, but decided to sell instead. I will reassemble if you desire so.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag471/timolius/IMG_2727_zpsdf62a08a.jpg

Ships in gigbag

$1200 shipped to 48 states
  2. timolius

timolius

3. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

does the plate and pickguard cover the route?
  4. timolius

timolius

Yes, it was carefully done. The pickguard is non original. I was using it w no pickguard (ala Jaco) and no routing shows.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. guitargarage

guitargarage Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner of Guitar Garage
    Few quick questions:
    - is there a date stamp/mfr code on the butt of the neck? if so, can you post it or a pic of it?
    - do you know if the headstock was drilled out for the Schaller bushings - I know Fender used Schaller's from the factory after 76, but not sure if the bushing outer diameter is the same as the "F" tuners from early 70s (anybody know?)
    - any of the pots original or were they replaced when the pre-amp was installed?

Four-bolter project Jazz basses are getting HARD to find ....

Thanks!