1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Earthquaker Devices?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JoshuaTSP, Jan 13, 2011.

1. JoshuaTSP

JoshuaTSP Supporting Member

Not too much talk about them. I did my searches. :)

Any thoughts on these pedals?

Seems like everyone gives them glowing reviews, but sells them eventually?

Were they just a fad?

2. benAnyc

benAnyc

This is a really great company. I like a lot of their pedals. I currently use a Hoof fuzz, it's like a Sovtek Big Muff but much smoother and articulate.

For a more overdrive/distortion tones the Monarch is pretty cool, especially since it's circuit is based on an Orange overdrive circuit. Other personal favorites include the Disaster Transport delay, Ghost Echo reverb, and the Hummingbird tremolo. Really excellent construction and really sweet guys, they've been very helpful when I emailed them. Definitely worth checking out.

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Casting out the nines Supporting Member

I'm not really one for fads, I like what I like and though my tastes may change somewhat and I might need different gear for different bands/projects, my opinions on pedals rarely does.

And so I feel the same way about the Earthquaker pedals I've tried. I think the Grand Orbiter is a great "pulsey" phaser that has an interesting thick sound and works fantastic with dirt and the Hummingbird is an awesome simple trem for doing hard chops.

The Hoof has gotten some love, but not being a Muff fan I haven't tried it.

I'm not a huge chorus fan but their new one sounds good from what I've heard and it seems like a good choice for someone looking to do more seasick like modulation, especially for electronica sounds. I'd love to try one out.

In short, I think Earthquaker makes good stuff.

4. Ed_in_NE_Ohio

Ed_in_NE_Ohio

Still being very new to the bass, I played it tonight for the first time through my pedal board. I was very happy to discover that three of the pedals on my modest board sounded great with the bass ('84 Peavey Fury into a Hartke Kickback 12).

The star of the show, however, was the Earthquaker Devices Dirt Transmitter fuzz pedal. Absolutely fantastic bass fuzz tones on multiple settings.

Wow! I mean, we're talking audio orgasm! :)

[​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

I've been using an Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master reverb/delay. I absolutely love it. It allows me to blend clean signal and use reverb and/or delay separately or combined. Super sound quality, true bypass, fantastic build quality, easy to use.
    Highly recommended!

7. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

I love the Speaker Cranker. I use it in front of my Rat Tail and my Rusty Box. It pushes them nicely. Sounds great on its own too, but I hardly play that clean.

8. MetroBass

MetroBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    All I know about them is Hello Music features them quite a bit.

9. awamori

awamori

I have the Shiva, The Great Destroyer, Eau Claire Thunder, and Baby Thundaa fuzzes all are great all but the TGD which is godly.

The TGD is wild and very splatty not much control with it but hell it makes you shiver down the spine.

10. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Earthquaker not Dwarfcraft silly.

11. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

These pedals are made in NE Ohio if I'm not mistaken.

12. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

they are made by a guy who played in really aggressive punk/postpunk/hardcore/metal bands in the late nineties around kent, ohio when i was in college, he is a great guitarist/bassist/drummer and graphic designer, i emailed him a month ago asking if they are going to start doing some bass pedals and di pedals and he said they are currently looking into doing bass pedals for their new products

13. tonym

tonym Supporting Member

I have nothing but great things to say about EQD. Excellent sound and build quality. I owned the Disaster Transport Jr., a great delay pedal. I only sold it to buy a different EQD pedal, the Dispatch Master which combines both a delay and reverb into a single pedal.

That I sold recently because my needs changed. I'm not using the delay right now, and the way my finances work when I need something on the pedal board it pretty much entails swapping it out for something else. :mad:

14. awamori

awamori

whoops lol.

15. chaosmic

chaosmic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner at MetalString Sound, Inc.
    Yeah, EQD are some of the best in the business. I've owned probably 10+ EQD pedals and they were/are all fantastic. I'd be alllllll over some bass-specific EQD pedals. I wouldn't need a demo or reviews....just a Pay Now button.