Eastern Ontario Ice Storm

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by iamlowsound, Dec 22, 2013.

1. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

We got hit fairly hard here, power was off for about 15 hours. Almost an inch of ice on the car. There are places that might not have power until after Christmas. How is everyone else?

lowsound
  2. PAC

PAC

I don't want to gloat but I opened the front slider to cool off the main living area. It was in the 50's here with very bright sunshine. I'm in Cleveland Ohio, so the weather here could go to hell any minute now. Good luck with the ice. It's the worst.

Paul

Merry Christmas
  3. Constantine

Constantine

Peterborough hit hard with ice. Great Day try o stay in doors and watch football.
  4. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

You guys got hit harder than we did, stay safe!

lowsound
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

I lived in Peterborough when I was a kid. At Stewart Hall. I remember the ice storms and no power for a day or two. Sleeping in the family room by the fireplace. Good times. Kind of...
  7. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

Man, just saw some photos from Burlington, brutal. So much ice and every tree on some streets are down.

lowsound
  8. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Supporting Member

We got wind and snow but nothing too bad. It's been snowing on and off for like 4 days now.
  9. bmc

bmc

What timing for you guys. We have family and friends in Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal that have been nailed.

We were hoping for a white Christmas, but today it's going up to 14C and 16C tomorrow.
  10. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

My part of Ontario is all cleaned up, with just the odd pocket without power. Toronto is a different story.

lowsound
  11. bass geetarist

bass geetarist Supporting Member

I live in north Toronto but work downtown. Still no power at home but downtown seems up and running. I was quite thankful to get downtown this morning and get some hot food and hot coffee. Can't wait to hear the sound of amplified bass once again... and to take a hot shower!
  12. 96tbird

I hope you're ok quick. -38 here this morn. -50 wind chill.
  13. bass geetarist

Anyone have any tips for taking care of my basses/guitars while the heat's out? Not sure if I should be worried, but it was pretty cold in my apartment this morning (guessing below 15c) and likely to get colder.
  14. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

They should be fine, you could toss some blankets over them if you wanted to. Make sure they warm up gradually when the power comes back on. Keep warm yourself. If I was in Toronto, I say come on over.

lowsound
  15. bass geetarist

Thanks lowsound, much appreciated. Thankfully with next couple days off, I can crash at various family members places who do have power, and stay warm (and shave!). The blanket thing is a good idea, I'll likely do that.
  16. 96tbird

Still out this morning? My heart goes out to all affected by this. Difficult to have a nice time with family under these circumstances.
  17. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

There are people that won't have power for several days still, according to the radio this morning.

lowsound