1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Eastman Plywood - Minneapolis/St Paul

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by Meddle771, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meddle771

Meddle771

Samuel Eastman model 80 bass for sale. Laminate construction.

Company page

http://eastmanmusiccompany.com/strings_basses_VB80.php

This bass has been lovingly played and meticulously cared for. I bought it brand new almost exactly 4 years ago from Quinn Violins. I had a new, very high quality, maple bridge w/adjusters installed, a very nice Goetz endpin, and a new tailpiece wire installed in Spring 2013 (420$+ of work and parts). The bridge has only been cut once upon installation. I've taken it in for a "check-up" (slight sound post or bridge adjustment) at LEAST every 6 months, but was usually more like 3-4 times a year as I was always tweaking my set-up to get as much as I could out of this bass. No large repairs/damages have ever been done. Overall I'd say it's in good condition. Some corner chips from setting the bass down, but nothing serious or out of the ordinary for an instrument that has been played this much, and nothing that effects the sound, playability, or structural integrity. All work was done by John Michael Smith in St Paul.

Currently strung with Evah Pirazzi's. It's set up very comfortably, and doesn't need ANY work done to it in my opinion.

I have a case that isn't super easy to use but it does function and protect the bass well with plenty of padding. Just takes a minute or two to put on.

I've logged at LEAST 2,000 hours practicing/performing on this bass, and it shows in the way it sounds and plays, in my opinion.

With regular maintenance, new parts, and the included strings, I probably have put 2500$+ into this bass total over the course of it's life. Most used AND new basses require a set up, anywhere from 50$-250$, and a decent set of strings run 150-200$. Mine doesn't need either. Come over and check it out for yourself.

PM for photos

Asking 1300$ obo for the bass w/case.
  2. Meddle771

Meddle771

3. Meddle771

Meddle771

Bump for price drop
  4. davemang

davemang

Interested in this... now I just have to sell off some stuff and convince my wife ;) Minneapolis local.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Meddle771

Meddle771

Haha, we'll if you are seriously interested just let me know.
  7. Meddle771

Meddle771

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.