1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Easy iPhone Mono Output - no special cable!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bassamatic, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

We often use our iPhones to listen to new songs, or to play music during breaks, playing though the instrument input of a guitar or bass amp. However, since the amp is mono, we get only one side of the stereo output. Depending on the song, it could be a large difference. Yes, I'm aware that SOME smaller amps have a CD or Stereo input, but none of ours do.

I was just about to make or buy a special cable or adapter to combine the L and R channels. I did additional research at the last minute, and found that iPhones have a Mono switch built-in!

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > and you will find the switch to set the output to Mono. Just don't forget to set it back later.

Just FYI - Mono provides enhanced intelligibility for people with hearing issues.

Hope that this helps someone!

2. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

This is also available as a front page widget on android. You touch it, and it turns on.
    Great for listening with just one ear!

3. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

This is also available as a front page widget on android. You touch it, and it turns on.
    Great for listening with just one ear, too!

4. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

5. Register to disable this ad