1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

EB Cobalts question

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by anton72, Feb 20, 2014.

1. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

Guys who used EB Cobalts with your basses - have you really noticed some excessive fretwear after using them or is it just a suggestion due to their rough feel? I liked their clarity and powerful tone but this fret wear issue may be a deal stopper for the next set of them, so I'm now struggling with the decision. I'll appreciate your feedback on Cobalts.
    Thanks!
    Anton
  2. mcnach

mcnach

can't say I have noticed any fretwear, really. Using them in my Stingray, which is my main bass, for about a year now.
  3. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

I was quite shocked at the fretwear I had on my Warwick after having Cobalts on it for about a month. Brass is softer though, but I've never seen little shards of brass left on my fretboard with any other string. Cobalts will eat your frets alive!
  4. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

So guys thank you for our quite opposite opinions lol Any other experience with them?