1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

EB on a stick

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by matthewbrown, Apr 6, 2014.

1. matthewbrown

matthewbrown Supporting Member

A local guitarist had a luthier make an endpin that clamps onto his instrument. I know that Takamine B10's have this option. I was wondering if anyone here had tried anything similar for an electric bass.

2. Slade N

Slade N sunn #91 AZ Bands #? Supporting Member

the epiphone eb reissue 10-15years ago had one

3. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

That would need to be one long endpin. Not that this is necessarily a good solution for you, but fairly often I'll just stand next to my bed with my bass resting almost perpendicular to the bed. This puts the nut just about at eye level and almost perfectly mimics my double bass position.

4. matthewbrown

I'm thinking of using a similar device in seated position, on a stool, to take the weight off my shoulders. I don't really want to have the neck vertical -- that's not what I'm after.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

7. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Dingwall ABZ Player Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    If you're sitting, you don't need a strap, so there shouldn't be weight on your shoulders...

8. matthewbrown

True, but the device would be to allow proper positioning of the bass to minimize strain on my hands as well as my back. I guess not many people have seen one like it. Here's a page that features my friend using what I've described above: http://fredfried.com/