eBay auction fake alert

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lublin, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Lublin

Lublin Supporting Member

2. Bitterdale

Bitterdale Natural Born Lurker Supporting Member

3. Lublin

Lublin Supporting Member

Oh yea - duh! :D
  4. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

Tough to tell but the tuners look like MIM/Highway one tuners.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. inate_hex

inate_hex

i thought they only did the avri's in olympic white and sunburst colours too.
  7. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

In defense of the seller (not me, I swear), it's probably not intentional dishonesty. He may just be ignorant. Obvious ebay BS auctions are generally from sellers with little or no feedback. This guy has mostly good feedback.
  8. inate_hex

inate_hex

and they avri's do not have a skunk stripe.
  9. malthumb

malthumb Supporting Member

The seller appears to be a high volume pawn shop. Probably got taken on a trade or sale. So, why is it again that people get so worked up about putting Fender decals on non-Fender headstocks?
  10. blakelock

blakelock Supporting Member

if you send the seller an official question, will it get posted at the bottom of the listing? or do the sellers choose if it gets posted or not?? i agree that it's more likely a mistake rather than intentional dishonesty.
  11. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

It's up to the seller if he wants to post questions and answers.
  12. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

thanks for the info guys, i'm not really an avri expert and my gf was actually going to buy me that bass
  13. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Serial # has been removed, so there is no way from the pics to identify it exactly ... obviously it is not as indicated, but I can usually find probably a dozen Ebay auctions in an hour that in some way are erroneous in content. Usually as mentioned above, due to ignorance to what they have, or what they were 'told' that they have .. note I said 'USUALLY", because as we all know there are plenty out there trying to pass things not as advertised deceitfully, and for profit ...

I sent an email to seller, and if responded to correctly should narrow down significantly what this is/was, or least what the components are/may be .. this one does tend to give a vibe of deception, but also as mentioned above, it is a pawn shop, which could very well have been duped when the item was taken in ...
  14. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

It's cool, the guy who owned it wasn't going to sell it. Ever. :D
  15. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

String tree is that of a Squier, and they made Affinity P's in CAR.

Tough break, pawn broker.

[​IMG]
  16. Arial Bender

Arial Bender

There are Cash America shops all around me, I like looking in pawn shops but I avoid C. A.
  17. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

just took another look at this and clicked on their other items for sale .. several other basses listed are price/listing appropriate, until you get to the '98 MIM Deluxe Series Fender P Special priced at $1500 ... of course it is beat, so that would justify raising its price to 3-4 times its value ... they must have a variety of folks taking these things in or making these listings to be this far out there .. JMHO