1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ebay Blunders

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by SleepingMikkel, Nov 18, 2012.

1. SleepingMikkel

SleepingMikkel

I wasn't sure if a thread like this has been posted, but I'm interested in sharing stories of our slip ups while surfing Evil Bay.

Just a few minutes ago I was flipping through the pedals just scanning my eyes across the screen when I see the Dunlop Bass Wah at $59.00 with a minute left, I stared at the screen and like an ass I tried to nab it in the last 30 seconds with a $64.00 bid... Only to be presented with a screen asking me to sign in. Doh! Too little too late, heh. Congrats to whoever got it.
  2. rust_preacher

rust_preacher Supporting Member

"Yes! I'm gonna win this 1981 G & L"... "Oh no it's FRETLESS!" <ding>

Got home a bit drunk one time after an office party... The great thing is I bid on my 1974 P - but I was also the highest bidder for a long time on a pink champagne sparkle 1978 P! Fortunately that one was bid over.

I usually don't regret anything that has slipped me by.
  3. mixtapelove

mixtapelove

I bid and nearly won a cymbal that had a crack in it. Fortunately I was outbid.
  4. bolophonic

bolophonic

I've let so many things slip by... some of them have been heartbreakers, but what this thread is reminding me of is all the times I have "blundered" by impulsively bidding on something I wanted but didn't need, or realized afterwards that I was going to get hosed on shipping, or some other form of bidder's-remorse. Thankfully, I have been outbid on most of those.
  5. JTFormula

JTFormula

I bid on an 83 dodge Ramcharger for $350 in Staten Island NY at the last moment. It was a no reserve auction and had 3 mins to go. I scanned the description and said hey its got to be worth that in scrap. I placed my bid then after I won it, I really read the auction "no brakes, runs rough, lots of rust, best used for parts"

Well I drove out there with cash and my car trailer since I won it. I held into that POS for two months and posted it in Craigslist for $400 just to recoup my money + tolls and gas. I sold it for $350 to a kid who was going to school for body shop and this was his project. At least it found a home.

I am sure to read the auctions fully before I make that mistake again.
  6. slagbass

slagbass Supporting Member

7. BryanSwift

BryanSwift

8. Versatek6

Versatek6 Supporting Member

Bought a pair of Lace humbuckers for $35.

Turned out to be a Lace p-bass pickup.

:meh: :rollno:
  9. No Neck Shrek

No Neck Shrek

I put a bid in right before leaving for a job interview. When I got back home later I checked the email and was informed I won. I when and told my wife - "I accidently bought another bass". She just laughed and asked to see the ad, then told me how pretty it is ! :)

I only paid $200 for this one !
    [​IMG]
  10. Flyingfrets

Flyingfrets

What are you complaining about? It's a fretless that comes with frets at no extra charge! :D
  11. BryanSwift

BryanSwift

I know right? Also extras and a case! :smug: