Ebay sellers write you the darnedest things

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by edpal, Apr 8, 2014.

1. edpal

edpal Banned

Oct 3, 2007
    So, I bought a replacement truss rod cover for an older Ibanez ATX I got off evil-bay. I had to chuckle at the sellers' email for this basic, behind-the-nut truss rod cover.

This is a spectacular truss rod cover sure to transform your guitar. We hope this purchase meets or exceeds your expectations.

I'll sleep better knowing that $8, SPECTACULAR, used truss rod cover is on it's way when the bass won't get here for at least 2 weeks.
  2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Spectacular, yes, but can it do your laundry?

Pics when you get it.
  3. edpal

edpal Banned

Oct 3, 2007
    Eh, it's just a black, oval with a flat at one end...a nondescript black fingernail with not even some writing on it. I just thought it's funny that I can buy a $2k item that had 55 bids and receive,"Thank you for bidding on this auction. Please leave us good feedback if you are satisfied. Bye." But buy a used truss rod cover off an $8 buy-it-now and the purchase is spectacular.:cool:

I'll try to show pics when I'm done. The bass has a bit of paint damage so I am doing a space themed bass. My guitarist and I clash over our instruments - he thinks mine are too flamboyant, I think his are ugly and boring. Guy plays a flat grey Fender Prodigy. No pickguard, nothing.
  4. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    A spectacular truss rod cover in genuine pre-aged polypropylene could have a profound effect on my life.
  5. Sponsored by:

6. Milk

Sep 16, 2013
    Montreal, Canada
    Were they chinese? These guys tend to hype their **** a lot. Also you're always their good friends.

At least until you realise what they sold you is cheap **** and you can't return it or get a refund.

(btw i'm not being racist, it's just a fact that in china there is unfortunately no standards for quality or business practices, you buy from there, you assume the risks..its actually a lot of hit and miss, sometimes its surprisingly good, others....not so much...though everytime you can be sure someone got screwed in the making of the item)
  7. michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    There's one guy on Ebay I see often who refers to all his parts with female pronouns. Weirds me out a little because it is so very intentional.

"She's seen many years; she measures in at 6.8k; she looks as good as she tastes...mmm..." *electric shock*
  8. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was just kidding, you don't have to post any. :p