1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ebay sellers write you the darnedest things

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by edpal, Apr 8, 2014.

1. edpal

edpal Banned

So, I bought a replacement truss rod cover for an older Ibanez ATX I got off evil-bay. I had to chuckle at the sellers' email for this basic, behind-the-nut truss rod cover.

This is a spectacular truss rod cover sure to transform your guitar. We hope this purchase meets or exceeds your expectations.

I'll sleep better knowing that $8, SPECTACULAR, used truss rod cover is on it's way when the bass won't get here for at least 2 weeks.

2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

Spectacular, yes, but can it do your laundry?

Pics when you get it.

3. edpal

edpal Banned

Eh, it's just a black, oval with a flat at one end...a nondescript black fingernail with not even some writing on it. I just thought it's funny that I can buy a $2k item that had 55 bids and receive,"Thank you for bidding on this auction. Please leave us good feedback if you are satisfied. Bye." But buy a used truss rod cover off an $8 buy-it-now and the purchase is spectacular.:cool:

I'll try to show pics when I'm done. The bass has a bit of paint damage so I am doing a space themed bass. My guitarist and I clash over our instruments - he thinks mine are too flamboyant, I think his are ugly and boring. Guy plays a flat grey Fender Prodigy. No pickguard, nothing.

4. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

A spectacular truss rod cover in genuine pre-aged polypropylene could have a profound effect on my life.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Milk

Milk

Were they chinese? These guys tend to hype their **** a lot. Also you're always their good friends.

At least until you realise what they sold you is cheap **** and you can't return it or get a refund.

(btw i'm not being racist, it's just a fact that in china there is unfortunately no standards for quality or business practices, you buy from there, you assume the risks..its actually a lot of hit and miss, sometimes its surprisingly good, others....not so much...though everytime you can be sure someone got screwed in the making of the item)

7. michael_atw

michael_atw Supporting Member

There's one guy on Ebay I see often who refers to all his parts with female pronouns. Weirds me out a little because it is so very intentional.

"She's seen many years; she measures in at 6.8k; she looks as good as she tastes...mmm..." *electric shock*

8. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

I was just kidding, you don't have to post any. :p