1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

EBMM rosewood neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ncapone, Jan 11, 2014.

1. ncapone

ncapone

I saw a post online somewhere about a Music Man with a completely rosewood neck. I've never heard of this before; how would that affect the sound and playability?
  2. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

I have mine on order right now and it should be here in February or March. I have heard from the previous models that they sound and feel great.
  3. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member

I have a Precision with a solid rosewood neck. It sounds decidedly different than a maple-necked P, more "focused" piano-like and very "even" across the strings. I use it for recording.

I think you're REALLY going to like that solid-rosewood neck MM... I'd love to play one!
  4. LanOsb133

LanOsb133

I played an ARN (All rosewood neck) EBMM Stringray 5 and fell in love with it. It was from their private selection for their 25th anniversary (???) They sound unbelievably good and feel absolutely amazing.

As Ogle said, definitely an even sound across the strings.