1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

EBMM Stingray 5 Pickguard options

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by marlond, Sep 16, 2010.

1. marlond

marlond

I have a black body with blond neck and would like to spice it up with a cool pickguard.

NOT MY BASS; but mine is exactly the same:
    [​IMG]

I would like some pics of others with different pickgaurds so I can see how they look. I guess any guitar/bass with a black body and maple neck will work.

I was thinking of getting a Matte BWB pickgaurd or maybe something like these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just can't really fully imagine what it would be like and I'm not good with photoshop. So maybe all of you could show me cool things that will spark my interest.
  2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

This doesn't help you any, but IMHO, a black pickguard IS the best choice for a black/maple bass...
  3. marlond

marlond

Yeah, I figured as much. That is will probably get a Matte black BWB pickguard for it.

But I sill want to see some other options.
  4. Rick Blanc

Rick Blanc Supporting Member

I like the black pearloid. Here's a pic from Bass Central

Attached Files:

5. marlond

marlond

See that has a painted headstock. I think that painting the headstock really helps pull the "look" of an instrument together.

But alas... My headstock is unpainted...

I was thinking about the black pearloid.

Keep 'em coming.
  6. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

If you like the "Tuxedo" look, put a white perloid pickguard on it. Very classy! Plus I have a used one available that's in great condition.

TD
  7. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Regular white is good, too, and is usually the cheapest option.

Tortoiseshell is a good look too.
  8. dave64o

dave64o Gold Supporting Member

I have a black strat, maple fretboard, with a black pearl pickguard:
    [​IMG]

I also have a black Jazz Deluxe with a white pearl pickguard that I unfortunately don't have a picture of right now. It has a rosewood fretboard but still looks fantastic and I'm sure a white pearl would be just as good on yours, probably even more so with the maple fretboard.

White would also look good, a nice classic look, as does the black that's already on there.

I'm also intrigued by the gold/black pearl sample you posted. That would be something different.
  9. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Okay ---

The first option you posted is called "Baltic Amber" and while I haven't seen it on black, here is my Stingray 5 2008 LE in Sequoia Gold with a Baltic Amber Guard:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The second Option you posted is called "Gold Rush Pearl" and here is a Black Sterling (not mine) with that pickguard:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Just for grins, here is another Pickguard Heaven option (also not my bass) called "Tiramisu":

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Hopefully these are useful. :cool:
  10. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

11. JoshuaTSP

JoshuaTSP Supporting Member

Here's a photoshop of mine with tort:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Actually, that combination looks pretty sharp.
  13. danhmap

danhmap Supporting Member

Hi Lotanet, can I ask where do you order that gold rush pearl pickguard? So beautifuk. Im looking for 1 for my sr5 HH