1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

EBS Billy Sheehan Drive in recording

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GattsYAC, Jan 11, 2014.

1. GattsYAC

GattsYAC

Hi!

I have a Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, and soon im buying a EBS Billy Sheehan Drive, but i wanna know if i can use the way im planning.
    First, im recording the bass direct in a M-Audio Profire 2626, plugging in the instrument input. In my DAW, i duplicate the bass track, and in one track i cut the bass and use the amplitube with some overdrive in a bass amp. In the other track i use the amplitube too, with another bass amp, but leave the tone clean and primary for bass frequencies, and then use the two tracks for mixing.
    So, i wanna plug the bass in the Billy Sheehan Drive, and send the output to the profire 2626, and use a normal instrument cable (MONO) in the CLEAN LOOP of the pedal and them, send to another channel of the interface, and mix the two tracks the same way i was doing before, but with an analog overdrive instead of a digital simulation. my question is: using the clean loop of the pedal to do what i want is correct and will work perfectly, splitting the sinal, like a DI, or i am better buying a DI, and send one output to the pedal, and another to the profire? Im very minimalist, and always prefer the shorter way of signals, less cables, less gear, etc...

Thanks in adavance!

2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

It should work in theory, but note that the loop in the ebs uses the ring portion for send, so I'm not sure that a mono cable will or will not work. If not, You may have more success with an insert cable and on use the send half, or even a TRS cable if your pro fire accepts it.

However, personally I would split the signal from the bass, send one straight to the profire and the other through the ebs the into the profire - dialling out the clean signal on the way. It's not as if you're short on input channels on that interface.

3. GattsYAC

GattsYAC

thanks for the input!

anyone can say anything more about the EBS Billy Sheehan drive and the clean loop?