1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

EBS Octabass changed at all?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mark_70, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Mark_70

Mark_70

This may very well be a dumb question, but here goes;

I got an EBS OctaBass pedal about 20 years ago. I have not tried any recent models. They look a little bit different. Do you think the "guts" of that particular pedal has changed any?
    In other words; do you think it may track better than my prehistoric specimen ?

I like to sound of it, but find it to be unforgiving when it comes to little "by-sounds". It's easily confused and goes off the track when you rattle a string, some noise from sliding your fretting finger etc.
    Looking for something a bit better and wondering if the newer models would be any better or should I give the Aguilar Octamizer a go??

Regards
    Mark

2. ctufankjian

ctufankjian Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Unicornbass.se
    I recently had a newer one and traded it for an OC-2. It did not track well at all, which would lead me to believe that it's basically the same except for the bypass. just my opinion on the subject.

:D

3. MCS4

MCS4 Supporting Member

I traded for one recently and it seems to track reasonably well, although I haven't tried it in a live situation yet. I do notice a difference in tracking and overall sound when I swap between my two main basses, one of which has more overtone presence than the other (although performance is acceptable on both).

4. Mark_70

Mark_70

Thanks for replies - will check out another octaver pedal..
    Regards
    Mark

5. Register to disable this ad