EBS Octabass changed at all?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mark_70, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Mark_70

Dec 31, 2013
    This may very well be a dumb question, but here goes;

I got an EBS OctaBass pedal about 20 years ago. I have not tried any recent models. They look a little bit different. Do you think the "guts" of that particular pedal has changed any?
    In other words; do you think it may track better than my prehistoric specimen ?

I like to sound of it, but find it to be unforgiving when it comes to little "by-sounds". It's easily confused and goes off the track when you rattle a string, some noise from sliding your fretting finger etc.
    Looking for something a bit better and wondering if the newer models would be any better or should I give the Aguilar Octamizer a go??

2. ctufankjian

Sep 28, 2007
    Endorsing Artist: Unicornbass.se
    I recently had a newer one and traded it for an OC-2. It did not track well at all, which would lead me to believe that it's basically the same except for the bypass. just my opinion on the subject.

3. MCS4

MCS4 Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    I traded for one recently and it seems to track reasonably well, although I haven't tried it in a live situation yet. I do notice a difference in tracking and overall sound when I swap between my two main basses, one of which has more overtone presence than the other (although performance is acceptable on both).
  4. Mark_70

Dec 31, 2013
    Thanks for replies - will check out another octaver pedal..
  5. Sponsored by: