1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

'EBS Reidmar' For Church'

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by mustBmtd, Apr 14, 2014.

1. mustBmtd

mustBmtd

Any opinions on this Head, and what possible 4x10 cabinet to pair up with this amp head. In a position to upgrade at church on my gear. And lately been leaning towards this one head in mind which is the EBS Reidmar 250 Head. using a 2x10 at the moment but really needing a 4x10 that gives off a lot of smooth, clear, crisp, bottom end. With no distortion. Just plain punch and clarity. Gospel :bassist: and super :cool:.

2. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

You should also try some 212s.

3. ghunter

ghunter

I love how my Reidmar sounds with the EBS ClassicLine cabinets. I was initially running it through a pair of Bergantino 112's but vastly prefer the much cheaper EBS 110+ 112 cabs instead. They really do work well together.

I met another Reidmar player locally a few years ago who had the ClassicLine 410 cab but was only playing small gigs and had to sell it because it was way too loud.

4. kevteop

kevteop

Do the Christian thing. Tell your church that your bass amp is just fine as it is, and they should spend that money on providing food for the poor.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kevteop

kevteop

Whoops, think I might have killed this thread. :p

7. Geri O

Geri O

Nah, some people don't see the need to engage in typical church-bashing. Without knowing what that church spends in outreach, you made quite the presumptuous statement.

Besides, you in a rush?

8. Linnin

Linnin

+1 or a pair of 112 Neos. I like them much better than 10's or 15's. :)

9. ghunter

ghunter

Have you heard this combination with the EBS Reidmar head? I have used EBS and Bergantino 112's with mine and I wouldn't agree with that at all. IME it takes a 10" to add the punch and clarity that the OP inquired about.

10. mustBmtd

mustBmtd

Hey Kevteop, The church is doing just fine in reaching out to those in need. Me asking for opinions and views on this comes from me being blessed with the funds to spend my own money. For what I'm needing.:cool::bassist:

11. Geri O

Geri O

Well, they must positively be the be-all end-all, because I'm so in love with my Neo 410 and was considering a 210 Neo to go with the Fafner for small gigs (hey, it would be cheaper than a NeoGorm).

But the 112 Neo is sounding VERY attractive now...

12. stuhammfan

stuhammfan

I'm currently using an Ebs reidmar (@church)into a Euphonic audio Nl -210 and it sounds great. I use it really as my personal monitor as I go into our house pa, which is massive.

13. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

FWIW, when I suggested checking out 212s, it wasn't really about a preference of driver diameter per se, but about the OP's application. A vertical 212 gets close to the cone area of a 410, with at least as good a low frequency response, but better horizontal dispersion. 112 cabinets tend to roll off a little higher, due to smaller enclosures, so while stacking them vertically will also give better dispersion than the 410, it may not have as clear a bottom end.

14. a2zbassman

a2zbassman Supporting Member

Sounds like you're trying to carry the whole church with just your cab, no PA support, correct? If so, I went through this several years ago trying to get the right cab to cover my church. My advise, stay away from a 4x10 cab. It may sound amazing to you and anyone sitting/standing directly in front of it, but check out the sound off to the sides, where the sound isn't shooting straight out, and you will likely find that "your sound" is NOT there . . . you may even be totally lost in the mix (due to wave/phase cancellation and all that stuff I can't explain, but know first-hand happens with most 4x10's or mixing different size cabs). My solution was to build a fEARful 12/6/1 cab to cover the whole room as evenly as possible. It took me trying several heads that didn't sound good at all with that cab, but I eventually found the Reidmar. It was like they were meant to be paired together. :bassist:

IMO/E, get a fEARful, or similarly designed, flat - full range cab, you should be able to dial it in real nicely with the Reidmar. Or, go for a 2x12 if you need that much cone area. If you're set on the 4 x 10" speakers, get 2 2x10 cabs and stack them verticle/on their ends, not bottom to top. You'll get much better/even dispersion of "your sound". Just my 2 cents worth. :cool:

15. oerk

oerk

Exactly this. Without PA support, a 4x10 would be pretty bad. The Reidmar works very well with full range cabs.

16. valipe

valipe

I use currently EBS Neo 212 or Neo 410 with EBS amps (Reidmar, HD350 and Fafner) successfully. I also have EBS Classic 212. It's new "friend" for me. While it's little bit heavier than neos, it's great cab. Try one of those EBS cabs.

17. valipe

valipe

I played two shows yesterday And today EBS Neo 212 and EBS Reidmar and I couldn't be happier. I had power and sensitivity for all kind of styles what that gig required: slap funk, finger funk, walking bass, rock, latin And even Classical music. I know that there are many other excelent cabs. All of them can do job with Reidmar but EBS cabs sounds surely fabulous.