1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

EBS service

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by carl h., Jan 3, 2014.

1. carl h.

carl h.

Anyone had a good experience with them? They've had my pedal since August and now won't even return emails. I had made a point of not hammering them constantly, but waiting a month between inquiries about progress. Now nothing.
  2. G.Bisson

G.Bisson Supporting Member

The U.S. service arm of EBS is Musical Distributors from New Jersey. Ive sent a defective pedal to them and they replaced it with a new one in about a month. The person to contact is: gene.andre@musicaldistributers.com
  3. carl h.

carl h.

I've been in contact with him since August, when he received my pedal. He, and the guy from their Facebook page will not return my emails, or pedal.
  4. carl h.

carl h.

Still no replies from either party who I was originally in contact with. And no sign of my pedal ever being returned in any condition.

There really is no excuse for this kind of inaction.
  5. carl h.

carl h.

I mean these guys won't even throw me a quote for service!

Just a big fat nothing.
  6. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    I would contact EBS Sweden directly. The few times I've had to deal with them they went above my expectations.
  7. carl h.

carl h.

Just sent them a message from the main website. I hope they are more on top of things than their guy Gene Andre, who totally dropped the ball on this.
  8. carl h.

carl h.

Received an email from someone involved with the corporate email on the EBS site bright and early this morning.

I sure hope something comes of this.
  9. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Supporting Member

I emailed through the website but got no response.
  10. carl h.

carl h.

And nothing heard today...
  11. carl h.

carl h.

And more nothing to report.

Spam filters checked and chroma list modified.
  12. carl h.

carl h.

Amazing exactly how little communication this company can pack into their day!
  13. runmikeyrun

runmikeyrun

Are they a better business bureau member? If so, call and lodge a complaint. Also, i you're not far from them drive to the county they do business in and file a small claims suit.

EDIT: Just saw you're in minnesota. Thats a bit of a drive.
  14. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

What did they say when you called them on the phone?
  15. carl h.

carl h.

Contact has been made again. I'll post if anything comes from it.
  16. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

I had a similar situation with a different company. After a big delay, no returns, and scant communication I finally called and left a message along the lines of:

Hi,
    My name is [x]. I'm calling about my equipment that you have had since [x]. When I last heard from you, I was told that the situation is being looked into.
    I understand that I am not your only customer and I appreciate that you have plenty to do besides fixing my gear. However, I believe that I have been very patient in this matter.
    I would appreciate a call back about this situation so we can discuss how to resolve this in a timely matter. Should I not hear from you, I'll have to contact whatever third party is necessary to get this matter resolved.
    Thanks for your time.

I got a call back within an hour and a new piece of gear within 3 days.

You've been very patient. It sounds like you've been reasonable. Sometimes things fall through the cracks, but at this point you deserve a definitive answer as to when this matter will be resolved. You deserve a repair, replacement, or monetary compensation.

Give them a call. Be polite, explain the situation (I know it sucks to have to explain it again), and give them notice that the next call about the issue won't be to them, but to someone else.
  17. carl h.

carl h.

Words have been exchanged, but until I have something in my hand, it's nothing but words. It would be nice to have a functional pedal, but I'm not holding my breath or counting on anything to happen.
  18. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Still no petal? Wow bummer. It looks like the EBS customer service totally sucks rotten eggs. Thanks for the heads up.
  19. vedi

vedi

chill and back off, dudes... :rollno:

just because someone (probably an outsourced company) is messing up for unknown reasons in this one particular case, should not mean the whole company is going downhill.

I understand Carl. I have been in your shoes (with EBS and other brands). frustrating, to say the least. but, please, read on...

first thing was with (what turned out to be a totally unreliable) distributor in my country - I ordered a head and a speaker, which he failed to deliver. not returning calls, lied over email. I got in touch with EBS directly, explained the situaton, and guess what? they dropped the guy, no more EBS for him. it was not that simple, though.

at that time (more than 10y ago), the internet was different. so, the only thing I could do was write an email through their website. when I have already given up, I received an answer. in subject line it said
    yeah, they have their own spam filters, as you can guess, and they have to deal with way more than our little mail accounts... so, even though my honest message was regarded as spam, someone actually still goes through spam folder in case something like this does not come through.

I had my order delivered within 2 weeks after initial response from them. everything just got a bit more expensive (M. Miller ads kicked in, heh), but they still charged me old prices, from the date of my first order - even though I got delivery from italian distributor.

years later I had a problem with input stage of HD350 (solved in later revisions of the circuit). as I had direct email now, I asked about it. even though the head was out of warranty period, they shipped the replacement parts and schematics free of charge. within a week. mkay? mkay. :D

I am not affiliated with EBS, I no longer use their amps (due to sizing down), but still own two speakers.

do understand that people everywhere get similar experiences with some companies. venting on a forum will not help you, and making conclusions from one unhappy customer could lead to you not trying out some outstanding piece of gear.

peace ;)
  20. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Hi Carl.

Did you exchange words with someone from EBS Sweden or some one from the Musical Distributors Group?

I found this on EBS Sweden website - maybe it will help?

OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTOR:
    Musical Distributors Group
    9 Mars Court
    Boonton NJ, 07005
    U.S.A.

Phone: (Toll Free) 866-632-8346
    Fax: 973-335-7779
    E-mail: info@musicaldistributors.com
    Web: www.musicaldistributors.com

Artist Support:
    Contact Ralf Bjurbo, Artist Relations Manager
    at ralf@ebssweden.com

BTW: In another thread a TBer located in Europe said they don't think this is a EBS problem - but hopeful the good people at EBS in Sweden will feel differently and step up to the plate and help you since the Musical Distributors Group has dropped the ball. I was given the feeling the European TBer would like to just sweep the EBS service problem in the USA under the rug and that may be one of the reasons why this thread hasn't gotten very many comments/replies. So I've invited that TBers to come join this thread and try to help you - and hopefully that's what they'll do.

PS: Are there any official EBS Sweden reps or official Musical Distributors Group reps on TB?