1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

EBS ValveDrive making noise.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by OptimusPrime, Dec 23, 2012.

1. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime

Just the other day I noticed my EBS ValveDrive making unwanted static noise. It's the worst when you turn the volume knob, and wont go away until you tap the pedal a few times. Bad connection on the pot? I don't beat up the pedal, I'm not a touring musician. Of course it has to be my most expensive one too. Any ideas? It's kinda irritating me.

2. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

Clean your inputs and check you cables. It might not be the pedal. It might be the cables.

3. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime

Ok, finally got around to seeing what I can do with this pedal. Cleaned the inputs with alcohol and tried different cables. No luck. Now I'm getting noise almost the whole time the pedal is on, not just when turning knobs. Try a new tube? Get contact cleaner and clean the pots? I'm lost, and quite angry.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Swap the tube out AND clean the pots.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime

Bought some DeoxIT contact cleaner for the pots. I'll see what that does and order a new tube if necessary... Thanks guys.

7. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime

Contact cleaner helped a lot it seems, although I'm still getting the slightest crackle in the travel of the volume pot. I'll give it a second shot tomorrow, gotta head out now.