Eden 410XLT - Hell Yes!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jimmeyer176, Feb 11, 2013.

1. jimmeyer176

jimmeyer176

Heya, been on tour last few days with the Eden 410XLT and I must say it's the best single cabinet I've ever used, plenty of punch in the face and lows to fill the room.

I picked this cabinet up for $300 from Guitar Center used and it has been amazing. If anyone is looking for a great quad, consider this cabinet. Considering I'm up against 2 guitars coming out of a 410 and 412...this cab is excellent!

2. johnpbass

johnpbass

I've played through a 410XLT many times and, as you say, they are flat out GREAT cabs! I never actually owned one myself - I used to run a 2-210XLT rig. I've always been amazed by the out front projection into the room that the 410XLT has. That's a great deal at $300 too.
    Congrats!

3. Quackhead

Quackhead

Although this cabinet has fallen out of favor because newer lightweight designs have become all the rage, the D410xlt is still a great cabinet and I've found that very few cabinets can match it in a live setting. It just cuts through effortlessly and sits in a mix really well. And it's built like a tank.

4. Quackhead

Quackhead

I'd bet the farm if you played a D410xlt next to the 2 D210xlt setup that they would sound almost identical.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Rokoko

Rokoko

Speaking of EDEN cabs, I'm considering upgrading my 115XLT with a 210XLT or 112XLT would that seem like a reasonable idea?

7. Quackhead

Quackhead

Do you mean you're considering adding either of those cabinets to your D115xlt setup? If so, I would go with the D210xlt. That is a fairly common setup and it should sound great. Just remember that the D210xlt will seem a little louder than the D210xlt because it is more efficient than the D115xlt and it has as bump in the low mids that cuts through more than the 15. Is there any reason why you aren't thinking about buying another D115xlt? I used to hang out on the Eden forum a lot and that was a pretty popular set up.

8. Rokoko

Rokoko

just thought it would make the sound a bit more articulate, but again as i am playing "alt country" a nice fat 2x15 might be a viable solution

9. Quackhead

Quackhead

The D210xlt will add more punch, but if you like the fatness of the D115xlt tone, then I'd say get another one.

10. Rokoko

Rokoko

so the 112 is sort of a useless missing link in your opinion?

11. johnpbass

johnpbass

Yep - pretty close. I think the 410XLT had a little bit more in the lows. I liked the modular aspect of the 2 cabs - bring 1 or 2 cabs depending on the gig.

12. Quackhead

Quackhead

I would not pair the D115xlt with the D112xlt. With some manufacturers this is alright. Some guys on the Bag End club thread play a 12/15 combination of Bag Ends, but they are a slightly different animal than the Edens. From what I know about the D112xlt it has a really pronounced midrange response that wouldn't go well with the D115xlt's smoothness.

13. Rokoko

Rokoko

thanks, as i really like the Eden sound i have right now (and havent heard the 112/115 combo myself) i will listen wisely to the suggestions.

Thanks for the advice and sorry to the OP about hijacking your thread. Just wanted to show my love for the brand aswell. Congrats on your cab !

14. johnpbass

johnpbass

+1.
    I had a 115XLT also. When I tried running it with a 210XLT I didn't like the combination. To my ears, the combination cancelled the individual character of each cab.