1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Eden amp noise.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by SilkyStrings, Nov 28, 2012.

1. SilkyStrings

SilkyStrings

So I pulled my old Eden WT300 out just for fun but when i powered it up i noticed buzzing from the speakers. I did a little experiment and the DI is quiet. It seems to be the power stage that is introducing the buzz.
    Has anyone been down this road and can shed some light on what is happening?

2. craig.p

craig.p Supporting Member

LA is a humid environment, right? And near the ocean? And wide and often quick temp variations? So, you could have corrosion inside that box. I'd get inside and re-seat every connector I could get my hands on, and loosen and re-tighten every screw I could get a screwdriver onto. I'd look especially at any screws that look like they're doing double duty as attachment screws *and* as ground points. Oftentimes you can tell by where the screw holes are on a circuit board (look at the etching) or whether there's a ground wire coming off a screw. Could be other things, but that's where I'd start.

3. willsellout

willsellout

California has the ocean, that's about it. Temp and humidity aren't issues. But the ocean is definitely able to corrode your gear if you live near the beach.

4. SilkyStrings

SilkyStrings

Ok I will open her up and do a wee inspection. Thanks bassists.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. spacebassed

spacebassed

I'm curious to know if this is one of the pre-U.S. Music heads or not... I have an old WT800A that was left outside one night after a gig. It ended up raining that night, and I walked out my front door to find it sitting in the middle of a wet deck. I promptly opened it up got as much moisture out as possible, then let it sit to dry for a few days. Aside from needing a new power switch it powered right up and ran flawlessly - and is still doing so 8 years later. These things are pretty impervious to the elements.

...and remember, NEVER rely on your guitar player to make sure your gear makes it back inside after load out. :ninja:

7. SilkyStrings

SilkyStrings

Yup it shows a manufacture date of April 1995.

I wonder if the transformer is going bad.