Eden amps

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by lowmid1, Dec 26, 2013.

1. lowmid1

lowmid1 Supporting Member

I have been way out of the music gear scene for a while and the last time I looked eden had been acquired by Marshall amplification. So what effect has that had on the brand? The website looks to be as infrequently updated as ever so has anything positive happened as a result?
  2. newbold

newbold

They're still in business making great gear. That's the positive effect it's had.

Keep an eye out at NAMM for anything they're doing is all I could suggest.
  3. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

They had a new pedal in the works according to the Facebook page but Im not sure if it'll be ready for NAMM.

As for the difference with Marshall owning them it appears there is very little difference. There have been some really positive stories of Marshall going above and beyond to help some people with their Edens but as far as I can tell, in North America its not any different.

The build quality on any of the new stuff is excellent in my opinion. I've had all of their new products and inspected them closely. I've used them on many gigs and been very pleased with their sound and versatility.
  4. lowmid1

I remember reading on their forum when the announcement was made that they might bring their amp production back to the US but there hasn't been any mention of it since?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

I haven't read anything about that. With the quality they have been producing out of their Chinese factory I can't truthfully see any gains to the consumer by such a move anyway. I know it's not bringing jobs back to North America but if they did bring production back the only difference we would see is the silkscreening on the back of the amp and the new higher price. My original WT400 cost me over $1000 back in 1998. Now the WTX500 can be found new for under $500. IMO the quality is as good as it can be with the Chinese produced stuff. Much like the Genz built stuff, if they have a good quality control at the Chinese factory, the market production quality is excellent.
  7. lowmid1

I guess with the quality issues that popped up before the move to off shore production improvement in quality wouldn't have been that hard. In the past there were some good things about us production. The ability to get factory service and upgrades for one.
  8. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

That is a good point. This is where Marshall / Eden still needs to work on its North American customer service. As far as I can make out, they haven't really changed the way their customer service is executed here in North America. I spoke with the X top Eden repair facility here in Canada and they didn't have any positive comments about Eden. Back in Eden's glory days they were a fantastic place to get great customer service backed by a healthy market hungry Eden. Nowadays they complained they had not been paid for a bunch of service calls they performed back when US music first took Eden over and haven't been doing any repairs on Eden gear since. There still is customer service here in Canada but it's not with a friendly customer service based repair facility / company. It's only if products are covered under warranty and through the dealer that sold them. In my case here in Canadas biggest city, there are no Eden dealers left.