1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Eden cabs with non-Eden heads

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bracchus, Dec 17, 2013.

1. bracchus

bracchus

Hello all. I'm looking to upgrade my current cabinet to the Eden D410xlt. Does anyone power their Eden cabs with anything other than Eden amps. I have the SWR 700 Workingpro - love it don't want to change it. Just want to know if it will pair nicely.
  2. wmheilma

wmheilma

Try it out first, but it should sound great especially considering David Eden was at SWR before he started his own brand :)
  3. redmoe

redmoe

I am running a ampeg pf-800 through a d410xlt and d212xlt. I love the way the cabs sound. don't think you are going to find a bad combination with these cabs.
  4. G-MonRV5

G-MonRV5

Currently running a Mesa M - Pulse 600 through an Eden 212 and getting very good results. Gritty, semi-tubey head driving a breathy, thumpy cab - What's not to like?
  5. Session1969

Session1969 Gold Supporting Member

I ran a GK1001RB into a 4-10 xlt for a long time with great results.
  6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I think you mean David Nordschow.
  7. gsquare

gsquare Supporting Member

Used to play a Trace Elliot SMX series through an Eden 410, one of my favorite rigs. Defeated the EQ and the Pre-shape on the amp, just didn't need them. Straight Pre with the tube at about noon and the power amp knob for overall volume reproduced the sound of whatever instrument I was playing. Gosh, I sure miss the days before all you were allowed to have was a DI box!
  8. johnpbass

johnpbass

The "D" series XLT cabs have a very characteristic tone profile. IMO, the cabs play a huge part in the "Eden tone", even more so than the heads. The 410xlt is a GREAT cab though. Great range, efficient and loud - it projects a lot of volume out front.
    I used to run a pair of 210XLTs with a Demeter pre/Crest power amp setup and that sounded fantastic. I would expect the SWR to sound great through that cab.
    Try the combination if you can though.
  9. edencab

edencab

.....Eden D115 (no tweet) with Traynor 200SBH....love it
    ...... she goes Kapow! when needed, Kaboom!! with a 2nd cab at a friend's studio & fantastic for semi quiet home practice

[​IMG]

R

"Never go with a hippie to a 2nd location"
    - J Donnaghey
  10. wmheilma

wmheilma

Thanks for the correction munjibunja!
  11. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

I think you may be right.

But why were the amps called Eden?

Until he started DNA I thought he was David Eden.
  12. Chuck King

Chuck King Supporting Member

I run either a Thunderfunk 550 or a Little Mark II through my D410T, and I have no complaints.
  13. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

I've been using Eden speaker cabinets for ~15 years now. In that time I've gone through three different amps as my main "go-to" rig...and none of those amps were made by Eden.

But they all sounded great.
  14. Lownote38

Lownote38

I use the same cabinet you do with an old SWR Basic 350 head. Works great!
  15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    SWR made the Goliath cabinet. When David Nordschow stopped making cabs for Steve Rabe, he started the Eden brand. The David series was a response to the Goliath cab. Get it?

David will sometimes sign autographs as David Eden. Here he is with some slob.

[​IMG]