Eden D112XLT vs. 112XST...

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by chrisp2u, Nov 10, 2013.

1. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Searched around and couldn't find anything on this. I've looked at the specs between the 2 and they seem to be the same thing except for the speaker. And even the specs there seem to be the same. What's the difference?

Is it worth getting the XST over a used XLT (for less than half the price)?

Any input would be appreciated.
    ---
    Thanks,
    c

2. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Nevermind... I figured it out. It appears that the newer XST version handles 50w RMS more than the XLT version. Not sure if there's anything else beyond that.
    ---
    c

3. Crabby

Crabby

I have owned both and can tell you they are completely different sounding. The XLT is nasally and doesn't go very low but it has tons of punch and snarl. The XLT is deep and scooped sounding. Its like a clean sub almost. I didn't end up liking either cab very much on its own but the combo stacked made a killer sounding modular 410 rig. They were heavy cabs though and bulky as they are quite deep. I would not go near a newer overseas made version but older used ones at the right price are still great cabs.

There is just so may amazing options out there now that it would be hard to go back to Eden at this point. especially because the original company doesn't exist and any new product they sell today is made overseas and just not the same.

4. RockNRollAl

RockNRollAl

Even if they use Eminence speakers? Oh yeah, they're made in hillbilly country... :)

5. Register to disable this ad